Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, retro Duke and Scarlett are really good. I think the only one I haven't jumped on is Lady Jaye because I think there I genuinely like the original. Also Baroness because I've got Baroness and the COIL bike and they seem like basically the same, just different guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Man, retro Duke and Scarlett are really good. I think the only one I haven't jumped on is Lady Jaye because I think there I genuinely like the original. Also Baroness because I've got Baroness and the COIL bike and they seem like basically the same, just different guns.

I believe all the gray areas on COIL Baroness' outfit are black on the retro version. The retro version doesn't have the red Cobra logo on her belt buckle (also black), and her glasses are removable and don't have the gold details. She is also missing the dagger and sheath for it. With all of that in mind, I like the COIL version (the one I have) better.

As for Lady Jaye, I made a custom with the lighter green torso and "prettier" head of the retro version and the darker green pants, brown webgear, hair, and accessories of the Classified version.

I am hoping Hasbro makes a brand-new retro Flint that is as much an improvement over the original as retro Scarlett and Duke were.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

When the Baroness with Coil bike first came out it was ultra rare. So rare one guy paid three or four hundred for one!

Eventually they became common and now they go for normal prices or less.

Got one, it's cool. I like the gold touches on Baroness clothing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh poo poo, Target is getting blind box Space Marines. Good thing the Target near me sucks rear end at toys and collectibles, or else I'd end up with a whole army two or three guys at a time

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Gripweed posted:

Oh poo poo, Target is getting blind box Space Marines.

... like a ready-made army?

Fuuuuuuuudge. Very dangerous, will avoid at all costs.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

... like a ready-made army?

Fuuuuuuuudge. Very dangerous, will avoid at all costs.

No they’re regular kits, require glue and paint. But if you get all of them there’s free rules for running them as a kill team in Kill Team.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The Vamp with Clutch has moved to Hasbro's archive so that might be it for that version.

Count down to MK II or the Cobra Stinger next!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Finally just shelled out the $50 on eBay for the good Wonder Woman.

It's not a perfect toy, the articulation is a bit on the ugly side all around, but it's as good a Wonder Woman as we can reasonably expect from Todd right now, and definitely does a nice job of capturing the character. Great sculpt and paint.

There was one qualm I had which I was able to fix. I appreciate that it comes with a length of actual gold string instead of a plastic lasso, but it's a really wimpy llttle piece of string. I feel like her lasso should look like good, sturdy rope, at least the width of her finger. I went down to Michael's and bought some much thicker gold string, cut about two feet of it, sealed the ends with super glue, and bam, now she has a proper lasso!

It's too chunky to fit comfortably on the hook on her belt, but I wanted to pose her holding it.

If anyone else wants one, I had to buy a 4 yard spool of this stuff, so I could definitely bust out a few more, and it could be mailed for the cost of a stamp.

(It would be nice if I could get a wire inside it, but I tried for a minute and gave up.)

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Gripweed posted:

No they’re regular kits, require glue and paint. But if you get all of them there’s free rules for running them as a kill team in Kill Team.

*phew*

Asking for a friend, are there any good low-impact 40k mobile games to scratch the itch? I'm not a PC gamer and the Inquisitor or whatever isometric shooter I played on console was so-so.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There's a bunch, I've heard one person say Horus Heresy Legions is alright if you like card games. That's literally the grand total I've heard about all the Warhammer mobile games.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
got recommended this video, does anyone have these guys? they look pretty neat and well-made for relatively tiny figures, even if their gimmick apparently is having an altmode that is...a brick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMeDfG7kJi8&hd=1

apparently this "transforms into a brick" thing is not unique, since there's also not-transformers that do it too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB_m2lCmedg&hd=1

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Bring back Rock Lords.

And pet rocks.

Confuse the new generation.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Goddamn

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1782305259420832189?s=46&t=YuqSROOCXrcRx1gn_5vV7Q

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I don't do 1:6 but that's certainly the closest anything's ever come to getting me to reconsider. Proper wow.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That looks awesome! Hopefully it’s not exclusive or hard to find

EDIT: Up on sideshow so looks like a general release, good! Easy preorder, I bet Revan is gonna go fast and I doubt he’ll ever be made again.

There’s also a Starkiller figure available for preorder, but I’m way less attached to that character

Heroic Yoshimitsu fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Apr 22, 2024

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I never really played the games but now of Revan - that's a fantastic figure. Amazing details.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Spawn and Todd’s feet are here. Why the hell did I order this? Back to gamestop we go.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Hot take; movie maniacs are the new funky pop

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

There is a special kind of irony in making an action figure of this character.

This may be, but if I see The Dude in a store I might end up taking it home.

It's very odd that the Movie Maniacs line, which started with almost exclusively horror movie characters, came back years later with almost exclusively comedy movie characters. I never saw that one coming.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

*phew*

Asking for a friend, are there any good low-impact 40k mobile games to scratch the itch? I'm not a PC gamer and the Inquisitor or whatever isometric shooter I played on console was so-so.

Tacticus is alright if you have the patience for it. It's a Character Shard format like the Star Wars and Marvel mobile rpgs. Certain characters get dripfed to you but none are completely locked behind paywalls.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

That looks awesome! Hopefully it’s not exclusive or hard to find

EDIT: Up on sideshow so looks like a general release, good! Easy preorder, I bet Revan is gonna go fast and I doubt he’ll ever be made again.

There’s also a Starkiller figure available for preorder, but I’m way less attached to that character

I also preordered, the exclusive edition is the same price and comes with a 'collectors coin'... the 3.75in figure did too so I opted for this but I would have rather there was option that came with a background or even parts of HK-47 like the Luke had the deathtrooper.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm not sure that's a hot take, as I imagine that's their whole aim.

One of the core audiences for Pops is properties that don't have a lot of other merch on the market, whether it's because it's obscure, old, brand new, whatever. The movie maniacs preorders announced so far have literally hit all 3 of those.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 22, 2024

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nerd Of Prey posted:

There is a special kind of irony in making an action figure of this character.

This may be, but if I see The Dude in a store I might end up taking it home.

It's very odd that the Movie Maniacs line, which started with almost exclusively horror movie characters, came back years later with almost exclusively comedy movie characters. I never saw that one coming.

That old line was so loving good - I had The Crow, Ash, and Pinhead. They're my faves.

E: Was Pinhead something else? My google images are saying maybe that was NECA? I did have the other horror stuff he did with Cenobites in all but name.

E: Tortured Souls line: https://mcfarlane.com/toys/series/clive-barkers-tortured-souls/

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 22, 2024

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I own all three Movie Maniacs Elvira’s and if they make a fourth I’ll probably buy that too.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Imgur works again! Now I need to test poses for this sweet rat. I was hoping to do a similar pose with his arms closer to the waist, but the hands won't reach. Still, the rat ready to throw down is pretty solid.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I haven’t bought a 1/6th figure in seven or eight years but Revan made me cave, he looks too good and he’ll be astronomical on the secondary market if I wait

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Hot Toys are also making the murder astromech from the Dr Aphra comics. I have to assume that means we will see a murder 3PO too.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1782364383252717756

And Power Rangers is dead

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1782410651324854570

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I saw that and I was like... is Power Rangers not a very good IP anymore? I thought people liked the lightning collection and I have the Zords they released recently which I also think was well received.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snacksmaniac posted:

Spawn and Todd’s feet are here. Why the hell did I order this? Back to gamestop we go.

Would make for fun photography

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The latest Mondo Batman animated figure is Bane.

quote:

Tomorrow a new villain is entering the ring and Gotham City...
Introducing our newest figure in the BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES 1/6 scale line... the mighty Bane! Standing over 13” tall, this massive assassin comes complete with swappable portraits and hands (and some iron to stay up on his gains, of course).
Just like our other recent BTAS figures, Bane will be available as both a Regular Edition and a deluxe Timed Edition. On sale for just six days, the Timed Edition includes exclusive extras from the show like his Unmasked Portrait and Mask Accessory, plus the Venom Overdose Upper Torso, Portrait and Hands.

Both editions drop Tuesday, April 23 at NOON CT at MondoShop.com. (Timed Edition ends Monday, April 29 at NOON CT.)
Free shipping to the United States, Canada, UK and the EU. Payment plans are available.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Love Bane.

Hated Batman animated Bane.

His mask especially. The mouth lips things thing was a choice.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blackchamber posted:

I saw that and I was like... is Power Rangers not a very good IP anymore? I thought people liked the lightning collection and I have the Zords they released recently which I also think was well received.

Hasbro's action figure sales have been steadily dropping YoY, almost in correlation to the price hikes. They're getting less shelf space at the big box stores compounding that. The toy section at my local Ollie's is like 1/3 Hasbro product.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Yup. This is a Skyhawk:

Fans Hobby testing the Joe market. They made a ton of Transformers 3rd party stuff until now. Never bought from them so can't testify to their quality.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Thanks to Gripweed and Macdeo for the 40k recs!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Found this cool guy hanging out in the overstock on the top shelf at Walmart. Beastman too. Raph and Shredder nowhere to be seen sadly.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Found this cool guy hanging out in the overstock on the top shelf at Walmart. Beastman too. Raph and Shredder nowhere to be seen sadly.

Ah ha! So the rumors are true that Walmart is sticking wave 2. Mine are still clogged with Moss Mans and naked Stratoses, so we'll see if the TMNT ones ever show up here.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Shiftypenguin posted:

Ah ha! So the rumors are true that Walmart is sticking wave 2. Mine are still clogged with Moss Mans and naked Stratoses, so we'll see if the TMNT ones ever show up here.

It makes sense that they'd stock these, since they have exclusives in the line. However, making sense and Walmart rarely go together.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tarantino is pleased