Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
And here’s 000

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1782623966240067941?s=46&t=YuqSROOCXrcRx1gn_5vV7Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Somehow palpatine became a droid

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Eh, Trip's paint looks way too silver than black, a bit of a miss compared to BT.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Another month, another gnashing of teeth as still no sign of Rogue and Tim Drake:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1782593216384016404

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1782593911761858948

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Guess they had a lot of unsold C-3PO bodies to get rid of.

Some day, Tim. :negative:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nanigans posted:

Some day, Tim. :negative:

At this rate we'll get a bloody Red Hood figure before we get Robin, it's maddening.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Oh hell yes, it ruled getting both of these at once.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Louisgod posted:

I was too late on these initially and didn't want to pay secondary prices, but I see Tifa is getting a reissue on BBTS. Anyone know if she the first reissue?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Louisgod posted:

If I wasn't already deep into the huge expensive Play Arts Kai versions, I would probably be all over these. Still waiting for the rest of the team in PAK form...

Edit:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I was too late on these initially and didn't want to pay secondary prices, but I see Tifa is getting a reissue on BBTS. Anyone know if she the first reissue?

Nin-Nin Game still seems to have most of them in stock or for preorder, $77.31 each in USD.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 23, 2024

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Nerd Of Prey posted:

If I wasn't already deep into the huge expensive Play Arts Kai versions, I would probably be all over these. Still waiting for the rest of the team in PAK form...

I was debating going all in on the Remake versions of the characters but glad I didn't as I much prefer the classic look.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Just got a notice I was charged for the Cobra HMS w/ Techno-Viper. :toot:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Louisgod posted:

I was debating going all in on the Remake versions of the characters but glad I didn't as I much prefer the classic look.

I do actually prefer the more realistic look, when it comes down to it. The only drawback to the PAK figures is the price and the size of them, I'm running out of room! Those little Bring Arts dudes are just so cute though.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Dawgstar posted:

Same! Now where will I put it?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

Appears everyone did.

I might put mine by my HISS, I need to reorganize the entire area and move out some stuff I don't care about any more.

But it's so much work.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Surprise Surfer reissue

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1782819697429238052

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I was queued on 3 devices. One had me placed just over 2k, 1 was at about 650, and my PC had me at 318. Copped 000 and BT-1... because duh.

Also, anyone know if Sideshow will let me retroactively apply points that are pending from the two 1:6 Silent Hill 2 Iconiqs that came out? Also, after this purchase it's time to cancel some other BBTS preorders I definitely do not need.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

This is the dumbest poo poo, because how easy would it be to do a pinless one? It's a blank body, it doesn't need any unique parts. I love that figure, it's one of my favorites, but I would instantly buy a pinless one, and why the gently caress would they reissue the same one on the old buck?

The only rational explanation I can think of is they found a warehouse of unsold ones from Walgreens and decided to offload them to BBTS. Basically the only way it makes sense is if it's not a reissue, because that would be too stupid.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Huh. And I was just coming in here to ask if it's worth my time to sell an old 90s Astro Megazord in okayish condition. I assume ebay is best for that sort of thing?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Nin-Nin Game still seems to have most of them in stock or for preorder, $77.31 each in USD.

Oh hell yeah; thank you!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I got my Symbiote Spider-Man in the mail today from forums user chappey. Quite securely packed. It took a while but this is normal due to where I live, mail takes a long time out here. Also I didn’t check my PO Box for a few days.

Anyway, I’m very happy to finally have this figure. The black Spidey from Secret Wars was one of the first action figures I had as a kid. At first I was kind of put off because it didn’t look anything like the Spider-Man I knew from TV, but it grew on me, and even after I got a normal looking Spider-Man later, the black one was my favorite. I got the first release black Spidey from Toy Biz’s pre-Marvel Legends line, but never really liked any of the later released versions until this retro carded one. He really has that Secret Wars vibe. It’s too bad they released this guy right before switching all the Spider-Men to pinless bodies. I’m kinda wondering if there’s a different figure with black arms and legs that I could swap onto him.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Hot Toys actually canceled a couple of figures that had been solicited. First time I've heard of that happening. They canceled the Iron Man from What If, and the young Barry from the Flash.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Preorder numbers must have been abysmal.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Preorder numbers must have been abysmal.

Here's their statement:

"Hot Toys has reacted to the rapid market changes and our team is highly disappointed to this unusual situation of project cancelation, yet it does happen within our production schedule," the company said in a statement. "Once again thank you for the support along the way and sorry to cause any inconvenience."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

I might put mine by my HISS, I need to reorganize the entire area and move out some stuff I don't care about any more.

It's true, I do need something to pull it. Once again hoping they might retool the VAMP into the Stinger.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

It's true, I do need something to pull it. Once again hoping they might retool the VAMP into the Stinger.

Stinger is rumored to be out this year at some point.

With the turn around on the Trouble Bubble into the Python, and Ferret repaint into the Tiger Paw I entirely believe the rumor to be accurate.

Only a matter of when.

Need to plan around the Dragonfly, so happy it has a stand.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

Need to plan around the Dragonfly, so happy it has a stand.

It might be something I'm just telling myself, but in a way I'm glad I don't have to figure out where I'd personally display a Skystriker or Dragonfly and envy folks their space.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

It might be something I'm just telling myself, but in a way I'm glad I don't have to figure out where I'd personally display a Skystriker or Dragonfly and envy folks their space.

Space for Classified Joe fans is going to be an issue very quick.

Dragonfly is a long boi.

The Cobra Ferret and Tiger Paw are not what I call tiny.

The Stinger is a guarantee.

We got the Night Force Ram coming.

The next Haslab is bound to take up a good amount of space. The Rattler is still the favored choice to be revealed. Could be The Thunder Machine or Snow Cat, they were said to be store releases. We don't know for sure as plans change and they were on the list and shown to some as a potential Haslab. If we get all three at some point that's going to be a lot more space needed.

And that’s all we do know of, next year another Haslab and who knows what! I expect a breaking point for some on buying stuff simply due to the space needed and required.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Dawgstar posted:

I think if I buy any more vehicles, it'll end up being Cobra only. I'd be happy with the Stinger.

E: lol at any of it, really, space is at a premium

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Christ, imagine the size of that space shuttle playset.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Christ, imagine the size of that space shuttle playset.

The size is one of the reasons why they already stated it is not happening. Same with the Flagg.

Yes, people were asking for these.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

The size is one of the reasons why they already stated it is not happening. Same with the Flagg.

Yes, people were asking for these.

The Whale's probably too chonky too, huh?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It'd be about 34x60x46 inches for the defiant. Jesus that's 3x5x4 feet.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

The Whale's probably too chonky too, huh?

I don't want to say it's impossible, except that the size of the thing for Classified has to be a coffee table at the minimum.

If not the size of a USS Flagg from the OG line. That was seven and a half feet long.

Try to imagine what the cost for such a thing has to be. Especially with all the detail, gadgets, extras etc.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Give me the Battle Wagon and Armor-bot you cowards!

Seriously though, I'd make room for those. The knju other small vehicles hoping for are the Ninja Cycle and Despoiler.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

drat, I hosed up somehow and missed the Barrett/Red XIII/Sephiroth FF7 Bring Arts figures. Will have to try and find a reissue of them, or maybe one of the local shops here in LA will get them in stock.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Agrias120 posted:

drat, I hosed up somehow and missed the Barrett/Red XIII/Sephiroth FF7 Bring Arts figures. Will have to try and find a reissue of them, or maybe one of the local shops here in LA will get them in stock.

I just linked to some open preorders a few posts up!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

This drat show is going to make me hunt down a haslab sentinel :negative:

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
I'm starting to contemplate heavily downsizing my large and increasingly unwieldy collection.

I've spent the past couple of years caring for two parents with dementia and navigating/managing their comparatively much less cluttered homes and it's nevertheless been an enormous headache and source of stress. Imagining someone having to deal with multiple storage units worth of my toys and books and whatnot when I eventually get eaten by a shark is absolutely freaking me out.

Has anyone ever seriously pared down a large collection? How the hell did you do it without basically turning it into your full time job? (The aforementioned multi-parent dementia caregiving makes it hard to spin up what would amount to a full second job posting stuff on eBay and such.)

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

When I sold all my stuff I took a week off work and made a poo poo ton of listings. Then I didn’t take the days off I needed to ship. It was a bad idea. Don’t do that.

I’d do it in bits/themes or it gets overwhelming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
If you don’t need the most ROI, consider selling it to your local comic book store. They’ll certainly give you MUCH less than selling things on eBay would, but you can also do it in bulk.