Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

[sobbing] Look at the circles under my eyes. I haven't slept in weeks!

I live in a desert and I'm trying my hand at no-till regenerative gardening. I'm mulching my vegetable beds pretty heavily and want to do some cover cropping in the fall... My dumbshit question is, do I just lightly work the mulch into the soil before cover cropping? Would that do damage to the soil? There's ample free mulch in my town so the cost of reapplying mulch is just gas to get the truck to the free mulch pile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

Jhet posted:

The shelf that all my super hots live on outside collapsed today due to the former owners not understanding how screws or basic physics work. Assemble and construct with care people.

Thankfully only one Scotch Bonnet was decapitated and will just act like it got topped, but everything had it's roots messed with and/or leaves torn off.

:(

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

SubG posted:

Looks like the plants didn't react well to over a week of 100-110 F temperatures and they did something I haven't seen 'em do before.

P sure that the unripe peppercorns are also delicious. In Japanese coming they call them sansho.

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

Learn something new every day, thanks for the info on the different kinds of sansho.

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

My seedlings have started to sprout! Arugula and cabbage so far, I think I see my spinach and salad greens starting to move. Hoping the peppers come up in the next few days :)

Also trying the Ruth Stout method in the veggie garden this year. We got two bunnies that yeild about 20 gallons of urine soaked hay and manure. Been stacking it up in the garden beds and will see how it goes this year :2monocle:

How's everybody's garden going so far?

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

When's your last frost date?

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

freeedr posted:

My dude if you are able to divine that for me you are better than all the combined science of meteorology ever, because it’s extremely variable here.

Here’s hoping Mother Nature cooperates because we could have frost or 100°+ heat waves in May just as easily as something pleasant.

Colorado?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

We don't deal with creeping Charlie where I'm at but we have a whole rear end mess of bind weed so I feel your pain.

Also sucks about those geraniums. Plant less tasty poo poo?