Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

That’s an amazing setup!

I’m entering year two of my beekeeping journey. One overwintered hive (white) did amazingly well and is thriving, another one (blue) died but I installed a new bee package and two weeks later they’re doing really great and the queen is laying really well.
These bees are on 35 acres of restored prairie.

I intend to split the huge white hive tomorrow. I picked up a new screened bottom board, we already have extra outer & inner cover. I am banking on them making a new queen. Local advice says that is not an insane decision. Any tips? If they are queenless in a couple weeks I will install a new queen. I know some local folks with queen castles and could purchase one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU