Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Forgot how much fun it is to take off for a quick supermarket trip right after lunch. Go at 1:00 and the kiddies are all back in school & the usual lunchtime traffic has mostly gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING
I adjusted almost all of the slack out of the clutch cable on my sv. It shifts noticeably smoother now and I feel like an bonehead for not doing this sooner. A happy bonehead though.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Changed my front tire last week and my rear tire this week. Like usual, bike is transformed, especially because the last time I changed them was 7 years ago.

Heavy wooden chairs make great bead breakers.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Invalido posted:

I adjusted almost all of the slack out of the clutch cable on my sv. It shifts noticeably smoother now and I feel like an bonehead for not doing this sooner. A happy bonehead though.

Make sure that it doesn’t tighten up when your engine is warm. May be just my particular air-cooled Honda but the slack noticeably shrinks between a cold (0C) and warm (100C) engine. Not sure what the cause might be, it can’t be the cable shrinking (it’d lengthen if anything) so probably something changing shape or properties nearer to the basket.

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING
I made sure, it made no appreciable difference with everything warmed up. Thanks for the heads up though!
Today was mesh gear premiere for the season. Felt real good. The only bike work I did was scraping off a bit of the adhesive foam stuck all over the sides of the large plastic aftermarket DRZ tank, then I got interrupted and never finished that job. I did notice that all the threads in the tank are metal inserts, so that's good I guess. Someone in the question thread raised the possibility that the screws might go straight into plastic and wear down the threads over time but that doesn't seem to be anything to worry about at least.