Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep
So my upstairs shower has 3 knobs; hot ,shower, cold. They're Pfister valves I think it's called. A couple years ago, I started getting water leaking from the actual handles themselves. Asked around and concluded it was probably washers worn out in the valve. Decided to just replace all 3 valves+handles cause it was like 50 bucks and would make me not think about it for some more years. Now I am getting a small every 5 second or so drip from the faucet, and it's the cold water. Did I probably install it incorrectly? It wasn't dripping initially and seemed to be all good.

Also as a side note, I dunno what the other options are for valves like that, but I didn't enjoy the Pfister removal/replacement. Seemed like a convoluted for no reason kind of system...but what do I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Motronic posted:

I want to confirm the timeline: when did you install these valves? If it was a couple years ago it's entirely probable that your replacement valves just weren't of the same quality as the originals it came with.

Just thought about it and it was in mid 2020 when the pandemic was really fuckin things up. I took a day off just to work on that and did it all in a day after buying supplies. drat. In my memory it seems more recent.