Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Edit: Replaced two O rings and no longer have a leaky faucet.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Our 30 year old Sub Zero was DOA when we bought our house and after 4 service visits determined it was a write off. We’ve now had our replacement LG for 11 years and it actually has better amenities than the Sub Zero had anyway.

Tell the nerds to kick rocks.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Has anyone installed one of those little 2.5 or 4 gallon electric plug-in water heaters to supplement a sink? We have a half bath that is over a crawl space and even though it's not that far from our main tank, and i tried my best to wrap the pipes in insulation, the hot water is ice cold for the length of time you would wash your hands.

So when I saw these it seemed like a great solution for a small upfront cost and minimal energy use. The most complex part (potentially) is I'll need to run another outlet downstream from the single GFCI that's already there to the wall behind the sink.

What I'm not 100% sure of: In my laziness I'd like to do less work and feed the existing hot water line into it, and then out to the faucet. While this seems supported it's not in any of the install directions I've read.

Also I'll need to figure out the best way to run the pressure relief discharge pipe. I guess into my basement (there's already access from the crawlspace) and following the wall to the sump pump well. Can I use PVC for that?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Motronic posted:

You're either running a high amperage 240v outlet under that sink or running the thing all day to keep the water hot. Otherwise you're sill going to be waiting for hot water.

I don't think this is a solution to your problem.

drat I guess I really fell for all the marketing speak here:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Stiebel-Eltron-SHC-4-Gal-6-Year-Point-of-Use-Mini-Tank-Electric-Water-Heater-SHC-4/205836147

But yeah it's probably some sort of red flag that it takes so long to get hot water there. Also my pipe insulation job is absolutely not great there.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Motronic posted:

The way this is normally solved is by getting rid of your low flow aerator on the sink so you don't have to stand there for 3 minutes trickling out .5 GPM until you finally flush the run from the heater to the faucet and get some hot water.

Great to know, thanks.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Is John Taffer a goon?!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Is that a reaction from two incompatible metals fastened together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Seeing the handle in the front like that is wild.