Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

My toilet tank fills up with water, water flow stops for 2 seconds, then it starts running at a very slow rate and continues. I found this very helpful video, but I cannot seem to twist anything off on my valve.

Is my valve cover not removable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

kid sinister posted:

Replace the entire fill valve. They're like 10 bucks.

<- This newbie will not get their rear end kicked?

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

PainterofCrap posted:

Make certain that it isn't the flapper valve that's leaking. Shut off the supply to the commode and check it over time to see if the water level drops.

I see no drop in water level after an hour, but the tank is empty after ~12 hours. If the leak is so slow, would that explain why the valve does not shut off? I guess it would be easiest to replace everything in one go rather than one piece at a time.

Edit:

1. Listened to my butt crack.
2. Replaced flapper. Issue persisted.
3. Replaced valve. Issue resolved.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 9, 2024