Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Rupert
Dec 28, 2007

Neither seen, nor heard

Charliegrs posted:

There's also rally cars. You can do tons of weathering on those.

I’ve got a couple in my stash that would be fun to do up. Any good guides/advice for doing just that? I’m pretty green on a lot of weathering really, just engine grime washes and mucking about with some Tamiya pigments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Rupert
Dec 28, 2007

Neither seen, nor heard
I’ll give it a go too, but the only partially built kits I have were bought that way. eBay special for the tools and workshop kit. I’ll be working on those, along with the garage diorama for my shelf. Beyond that I’ll be starting on the RX7, because it’s the kit I’ve had the longest and am the least excited to build.

Lord Rupert
Dec 28, 2007

Neither seen, nor heard
Finished the Tamiya RX-7 Cabriolet with a couple of days to spare. Not a car I'm hugely into, so it was tough to get motivated at times. Pretty happy with how it turned out, even with cutting a couple of corners. Onto the next one!

Lord Rupert
Dec 28, 2007

Neither seen, nor heard
Any suggestions for bending some photo-etch parts? Looks like there is a little to do for the wipers on the Lancia 037 I’m building. Not looking to spend a whole lotta, but buying a dedicated tool is okay with me.

Lord Rupert
Dec 28, 2007

Neither seen, nor heard
Thanks, I was eyeing those! The parts are pretty straightforward and I stick to cars/motorcycles so not likely to get too complex over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Rupert
Dec 28, 2007

Neither seen, nor heard
I’ve used fishing line for fuel lines and the like on cars. Comes in a bunch of sizes/colors too, but clear is probably the best bet. CA glue and pilot holes sized appropriately for attaching the line.