Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.

pumped up for school posted:

If you can find an E-mount to EF body adapter let me know and I'll ship this body to you.

This is, unfortunately, not easily possible. The back focal distance on E Mount is 18mm and EF is 44mm, to mount an E Mount lens on and EF body you'd need to have the rear element of the lens physically inside the mirror assembly. You can mount it anyway, but you lose the ability to focus on distant objects (similar to using an extension tube). There have been adapters with optics in them to solve this problem for other mounts, but I'm not aware of any for E mount, and the ones I have seen have been for less extreme differences than that and they still resulted in image quality degradation. If it exists, expect it to be several hundred USD.

Jewmanji posted:

Has anyone tried renting from this site? https://www.lensrentals.com/? It seems like it might be a good way to explore a few additional focal lengths without having to jump in with both feet (was thinking of just renting a 200mm just for fun).

They're extremely legit, I've rented from them personally several times in the past and it's always been extremely smooth. With their recent purchase of BorrowLenses they've pretty much monopolized camera/lens rental in the US outside of Cinema rental houses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU