Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Well, unexpectedly, we’re going to the eclipse.
I have a Celestron PowerSeeker 127 EQ telescope, should I get some accessories and attempt to use this during the eclipse or should I just skip it because I know nearly nothing about the telescope, astronomy, and just enjoy the totality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Thx Duodenum! I was thinking it would probably be very much not worth the effort to drag the telescope to Texas.
Spouse will be skeptical of the colander trick, she’ll have to read it before she believes me.

Unrelated to eclipse, is there a decent cell phone mount or some other way to image from this telescope? (Or is like, “get a colander” again?)
I am completely aware that this is a very meager telescope, and that I live in dense urban area, so prospects of actual “Celestial Photography” are pretty slim. I did shoot picture of Moon, while I was standing on a stool (yeah, I get it now, I can just lower the legs on the tripod), while inside my house (it was cold!), while holding the phone against the eyepiece mount.