Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

We are trying to keep nail caps on our ~6 mo old kittens because we can't afford for them to damage our furniture/clothes/house/friends. We're looking for some tool to make that easier. We've tried the towel wrap trick with limited success, and haven't successfully gotten all 18 caps on either of them yet.

Does one of these make it easier? And what do these slings attach to? Some sort of stand?

https://www.amazon.com/Grooming-Hammock-Supplies-Clippers-Adjusting/dp/B09CL7F2MF?th=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

Can't you just keep their claws clipped?

We keep their nails trimmed but it is not really as effective as the caps. Without the caps they can still easily hook their claws in rugs and certain fabrics.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

It probably feels bad for the cat to have the caps on.

It’s literally recommended by the OP?

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

The cat urine smell emanating from the litter box has been getting progressively worse since adopting two kittens six months ago. Everyone I talked to before adopting them said I wouldn’t have a problem with any smell if I scooped litter every day. Well I’ve been scooping twice a day, completely changing the litter and hosing down the box once a week, and the smell now overwhelms the entire basement and is beginning to become detectable on the first floor of the house. Everyone I know who has cats has a home that smells like varying degrees of urine, but I always assumed they were just lazy with the scooping, but after pressing them about their own homes, half admit that they can smell their own cats litter boxes it and half insist they can’t. Am I doing something wrong, or is the smell just part of owning cats?

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

If your cats are actually using the litterbox 100% of the time and the problem is the litter, you might try this litter:

I switched to it and (in a litter robot anyways) there's absolutely no smell. This is just with one big baby though not a bunch of little ones.

Does it have fragrance? The last arm and hammer product I bought had so much fragrance, it made things twice as bad, it just made things smell like perfume fragranced poop. I’m using this stuff https://www.drelseys.com/products/ultra-litter/