Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
I heard the squeaks of kittens in the greenhouse last night when I was looking for something. Are they going to be ok with the temperature getting to near freezing at night?

I was going to leave some food out there but haven't found where exactly they're hiding yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
They sounded very young, just squeaks. I know I startled the mother last night but didn't see her.

I didn't hear anything today but will keep an eye out, there's a lot of places around here that they can hide.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Neat looking cat there.

My former strays are loud as can be until they switch to murder mode. So needy.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
I leave a big bowl of kibble out and just let them whine if it's not wet food time. They know wet food time because it's right after the dog gets his dinner, he's the bottomless pit/lab.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

Light Gun Man posted:

skimmed the OP a bit and didn't see anything contrary so let me know if I'm fuckin up but is this a good thread to ask about what to do about neighborhood cats? I've got a few that hang out behind the house and would like to get them somewhere more helpful before winter. they have a tarped shelter under the deck to use but I haven't seen them in there much and it's only gonna get colder here.

in in southern Wisconsin if that helps. I called the humane society and didn't really get anything helpful from them so far.
Same area but close to the lake, I have a few strays I see from time to time, year after year. At least two of them have been around multiple years now so they have found somewhere that they can keep warm. My only concern is about any kittens when it starts getting colder but adult cats are pretty tough.

There are a few TNR programs around, you pick up a live trap from Farm and Fleet and leave some tuna in there and bam! You have an angry cat to take in.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
When one of my little idiots broke his leg my friend brought him and his brother home and they were fine with her cats right away. Depends on the cats and probably helps if the existing cats are used to other cats already.

The little idiot:

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
I did the two kittens with an older dog thing and they do still try and play with the dog but go back to each other when he's not having any of it. They're slowly growing out of it, he should probably chill out as he ages but the immediate solution is 2nd young cat to wreck things with.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

VelociBacon posted:

I can't close my bathroom door when I shower anymore...

I currently have no ceiling in one of my bathrooms to access the plumbing above, closing the door means one cat climbs through the ceiling to harass you in there. I'm glad I was able to get them to stop showering with me, so much cat hair in the drain and they would rub their wet fur on you after you finished toweling off.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
The vet recommended :catdrugs: to calm down the big cat (3yr old shorthair) when I brought him in for a UTI because he seemed stressed. What should I use?

I brought him in to the vet about a month and a half ago after he was lethargic and couldn't seem to hold his bladder, he would just piss himself where he was laying and it was pinkish in one or two spots. The vet said he appeared stressed, the infection could come back because of the stress, and told me that there are drugs to help with that and prescribed him a round of antibiotics. It cleared up the day after he started on them and hasn't been an issue since, until last night when I got home from a work trip there were about 4 spots on my bed and a few more on the carpet. Him and his brother both greeted me at the door when I got home last night and he seems alert and is his normal shithead self.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
I don't think he is but wasn't home to see it this time. Both of them have normally been very good about using the litter boxes and are very full of energy and purring like large diesel engines today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
My mom had a cat that had it at some point, it sounded like Ned from South Park saying meow. Didn't seem to affect him much and he almost made it to 20.