Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Edit:^^^ Agreed

Look at that fat little belly! From my experiences with stray kittens is that they always want food and will beg as much as they can, it doesn't seem abnormal to me. Wait until he learns to climb up your leg while you are opening up the food. Kittens are assholes, but adorable ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Cpaka posted:

After he eats, his current favorite thing to do is roll over onto his back and proudly display his fat belly so that you can scratch his sides while he purrs himself to sleep.

Careful with that, it may turn into a painful trap later. I call it the belly of doom. I always know it will end bad for my arm, but I cannot resist touching it.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Some cats looove belly rubs. Starting him early is a good idea because then when he is big and fluffier and not so mangy you can put your face in it and go wubble wubble wubble :xd: kitty belly best thing

My friend Toni, had a cat that absolutely adored belly rubs, until she decided to lay her face down on it and give it a raspberry.......needless to say she still has scars on her face from that incident. It's a trap!

Edit to explain what a raspberry is, as it may be a regional term (not sure):

quote:

"when you blow directly on someone's bare skin resulting in a tickling sensation for the other person and makes a 'farting' sound, usually done on ones stomache"
It's from Urban Dictionary, not the most reliable source but it describes what I mean.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 22, 2012

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Eggplant Wizard posted:

Yeah so I think I wrote the introduction guidelines in the OP but I have never once followed them. I usually just put the cats together and follow their lead. If it gets ugly, I separate them. If not, cool, they'll figure out how to be friends in time, or they'll simply tolerate each other, or whatever, don't care, up to them. It sounds like they're both amenable to the idea of each other's existence, so give it a go.

eta: I just looked at the instructions I gave and I did say that the separation stage can last as little as a few hours. In practice I do not think I've actually given it that long unless I was moving into a new place too so uh, yeah. It really doesn't have to be a Whole Thing.

It took our cat Porch Kitty (he doesn't live on the porch, he did for a year before we were able to take him in and the name stuck) over a month to get used to Squiggles. Squiggles spent most of his time in a spare room of ours. After they were both free range we had a door malfunction to the roof deck (The door looked like it was shut but didn't latch. We didn't know about this.) While we were away, they bumped into it and Porch kitty apparently spent the day while we were at work guarding the door and not letting Squiggles back in.

Also whenever I take Squiggles to the vet and bring him back, Porchy puffs up and starts hissing, I'm assuming it's because he thought he was finally gone.

These days they get along decent enough and sleep together once in a while. There's still a spat here and there but Squiggles knows to run to me and jump up on my lap when he's in trouble. I am his protector.

Edit just because I like posting pictures of my cats:

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 23:19 on May 22, 2012

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Bloody stool question:

It was a hectic day, we just finished moving, dealing with utilities, etc....
We have 2 cats and I found what looked to be a bloody stool in the litterbox (of course I forgot to save it, it was a regular brown poop with what looked to be covered in red blood.).

I think I know which cat it was as it was an unburied turd. Could this just be stress from moving, a one off type issue or is this an URGENT - I have to get my cat to the vet NOW type issue? I will be inspecting the turds in the litter box daily from now on.

Edit: Also our one cat likes to hump said bloody stool cat (both males) could it be from gay cat anal penetration?

Edit 2: Both cats are acting normal and showing no signs of being in pain.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 8, 2012

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Okay, I will check litterbox after each cat uses it over next day or so to make absolutely sure that I am correct about which cat it was. It's Sunday so our vet is not open but I will make an appointment tomorrow.

Anymore advice though will be appreciated. Thanks!

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I checked the litter box right after he used it today, I found blood again but not nearly as much, and I saved it in 2 ziplock bags (because it got on the outside of the first one) in the fridge in the butter box. I feel a little better because it's a good bit less. It's a smallish red coagulated lump, but still concerning.

I will be making a vet appointment tomorrow. I posted in LAN because we want to find a good vet that is affordable, but by the way, does anyone here happen to know a good cat vet in or near the general Uptown/Lakeview area of Chicago?

As I'm typing this he's purring on my lap. He's acting normal and doesn't seem to be in any pain; downright cute really. So, I don't think it's ER worthy, especially as we're super tight on money right now.

But, I do want to get him checked out soon to be safe. Even if he just crapped out a rubic's cube, he is my baby. Not much more to add except any local vet advice would be very appreciated. I'll keep you updated on his butt exam after it happens. Thanks for the advice so far, any more advice is always welcome!

Edit: He's the orange one :3:

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jul 9, 2012

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Our vet appointment is on Wednesday. Thanks for the assistance guys/gals!

Klungar posted:

Reminds me of our boys!

Your black cat looks like ours when he was a spry young lad, he has similar wide dinner plate eyes! We both have Halloween kitties! (orange and black).

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Kidney Stone posted:

One of the legends as to why a Tabby has an 'M' on the forehead is this:

A legend from the Islamic world recounts that Mohammed had a tabby called Muezza who once saved his masters life by slaying a snake that had crawled up Mohammed's sleeve.

Later, when it was time to attend prayers the cat had fallen asleep upon the sleeve, so to avoid disturbing Muezza, Mohammed cut the sleeve from his garment.

From that day on all tabbies were born with the 'M' marking on their forehead to remind all that see them that Mohammed loved cats, and that cats should always be respected.

Oh, I thought it had something to do with Midus and his golden touch or some crap like that. Maybe there are several stories about the M on Tabby cats! Great info!

I have to start getting ready for vet visit today. I will inform about my cat's butt condition when I get back.

Edit:

mcmagic posted:

Orange cats rule apparently.

From my experiences Orange cats are the most lovey, chill, laid back cats and they tend to be a little bit off in the head. Whenever mine wants pets he extends his paw to ask for them (he also does it to me when giving wet food--he also does it to the wall for protection from the other cat once in a while (or for pets?). :iiam: . He also loves to extend his paw and touch our faces while we sleep to wake us up.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 11, 2012

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Was he chill and laid back as a kitten too? My kitten is really affectionate and awesome when he's calm but he has a lot of that kitten energy too. He loves to sit on my shoulder and watch me use the computer.

I'm not sure he was an adopted no one wanted him cat. He has weird eyes, he only has half eyelids and had surgery for them but they are still a little screwy. He loves to paw at my face as I type.

He does have a decent amount of energy and likes to play once in a while but it's mostly him sitting on my lap, pawing at my face as I type or just laying in a box 90% of the day. He won't use anything we buy for him to sleep so I usually just throw a towel in a cardboard box that he likes.

He does really love wicker baskets with a towel in them but we can't have them anymore, our black cat loves to pee in them.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 11, 2012

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
BAD NEWS :(

The vet checked everything and his butt seems to be fine, she just gave preventative medicine and keep an eye on his weight.

BUT BAD PART! :(
He's going to need another VERY (in the thousands) expensive eye surgery. Our last vet thought they were odd but fine. I need to get a second opinion from another vet to make sure.

If it needs to be done, we'll do it but :bang:

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jul 11, 2012

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
After many years of having cats, I still haven't figured this out. What is the general difference between regular scented clumping litter and "Multi-cat" scented clumping litter? I know there are many different brands but there must be some standard base difference. Maybe a stronger scent, larger granuels, something, or maybe it's just marketing? I normally pick up generic store brand Essential Everyday Multi-cat from Jewel (Acme, Super-Valu, whatever it is where you live.) because I have 2 cats but when they are out I just get the regular scented stuff and notice no difference.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

CompactFanny posted:

One of my cats paws at the air trying to bury her poop. Cats. :catstare:

Sounds like my Squiggles, except he paws at the air for almost anything, food, water, pets, for seemingly no reason at all... except for the toy feather thing on a stick, he runs away in terror whenever he sees it.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Hello PI!

I was wondering if there was anyway to lower our vet bills or if pet insurance is actually worth it when a cat already has a pre-existing condition. We just had to pay about $6,000 we can't afford from an emergency vet stringing us along while I was away for my mothers funeral. Anyway Porch Kitty had a Perineal Uresthostomy and is already standing up and trying to fight our other cat. It was so nice to come back and have our kitty back.

I have a link to pictures and stuff (hope it works): http://imgur.com/a/jBZ11

I have to go see a psycholigist tomorrow, I'm going crazy with all of this.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Gorgar posted:

Hey, it's Uptown Animal Hospital. I go there too. So far, I really like them.

Yeah Uptown is great, they were just closed when Porchy got sick. When I was getting the liquid drops so I don't have to give 8 pills a day the one lady said, "Oh is this about Porch Kitty? We have been getting so many calls about him!". They aren't cheap but they are very friendly.

The Emergency vet though. The receptionists are dicks, they will milk you for as much money as they can get before they let you know what really needs to be done and they will say "Whatever!" to you when you don't remember the surgeons name right after a funeral.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 8, 2015

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Just piping in to say that the Comfort Zone Feliway spray is amazying. When Porch kitty got back from his expensive surgery, our normally docile and shy cat kept attacking him and trying to rip out his throat. After 2 days of spraying down every room with it everything is back to normal. Apparently pheremones are a real thing.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
We are going to be moving from Chicago to Philadelphia soon so I hope it helps for that too, But the vet also gave us Acepromazine to tranqualize porch kitty because he's not allowed to have any stress since we basically had his penis cut off and had a new hole made so he can pee.

We have to start off with 1/4 tab and test it out for a few days to see how much it works before we actually move so we know how much to give him.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Twerk from Home posted:

I've got a male cat about 5 years old with some type of urinary issue, but he's definitely not blocked. I was all geared up to bite the bullet, open my wallet, and go to the E-vet until I realized that he was producing urine at each of his frequent trips to the litterbox.

Yesterday he was peeing normally, although he did pee outside of the box earlier this week. At the time I thought it was because the litter box wasn't up to his standards. This afternoon and evening he's been making very frequent trips to the litterbox, about every 15 min at times and producing a squirt of urine each time.

He can be handled, and I've palpated his abdomen and didn't feel a full bladder. He didn't mind me pushing and prodding in there either, so I think it can't be hurting him too much. As long as he is able to keep producing non-bloody urine, eating and drinking normally, can I responsibly wait until normal vets are open to seek medical attention? I'm hoping I can find a vet open tomorrow on Memorial day, but it might be until Tuesday. Right now he's happily napping after eating dinner and then letting me prod and massage his abdomen looking for a full bladder.

Urinary problems can kill a cat in a day from the infection spreading, My cat had to have a problem the day before I had to fly out for my mothers funeral. If you have the money take him to an emergency vet. Ours tried catheters 2 time while we were in a different city then the surgeon shamed us for not going for the surgery for a cat as old as ours when it wasn't even offered as an option when we brought him in. Jack asses.

The longer you wait the more it will cost, Porchy cost about $6,000 to fix.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Yes better safe than sorry, I'm guessing they gave you clavamox to medicate him?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Both of my cats are violent mousers and I have been able to keep rats and gerbils with no deaths.

I would suggest 2 cats it helps them keep their minds on each other rather than the tiny furry things that they want to eat. Just be sure to keep the cage where they can't get to it when no one is home. And supervise everyone when you have the ratties out.

As far as introducing, I never really did it my cats seem to know these small little treats are under my protection and never bother them aside from staring at them once in a while

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Is urine leakage normal after a perineal urostomy? It doesn't bother me, a vet said yes but just want to check to make sure. I think we'll just have to wipe his butt a lot from now on with baby wipes.

Edit: Asking because this is the emergency place that strung us along doing things until the bill was $6,000 we had the money saved but that was money for 2 cats.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jun 23, 2015

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Dalael posted:

Maybe you're right and its just our 2nd nature. I was just giving my 2cents that people shouldn't take the words on an internet thread over the words of a professional.

I was just asking opinions, not looking for professional advice. I wanted to see if someone had this done with their cat too. I do have a regular vet, the emergency one isn't it.

I'm also moving from Chicago to Philadelphia in a few days so he will be getting a new vet.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

HelloSailorSign posted:

I'm not so sure of "normal" per se, but it can have a couple benign causes... though it can have a couple not so benign causes.

When cats get blocked, their bladders get unhappy. Sometimes this is a bladder that can't contract down well because of the stress of being distended, and sometimes it's just related inflammation. Either of these could cause incontinence post-PU, as you're removing some of the urinary tract that would help control the leakage.

Otherwise, as part of the urinary tract is removed, there is compromise of some of the normal urinary defense mechanisms to bacteria. In addition, some vets use antibiotics heavily with obstructed cats. When both of these are combined, you end up with a bladder that can be ripe for a UTI; although a UTI in a normal male cat is rare, a UTI in a PU male cat is much more common. A UTI could also lead to incontinence. There are some vets who feel that if there are no significant clinical signs of a UTI (pain, malaise) to let it ride until hopefully the immune system and related functions/protection get better. Others are more quick to antibiotics, knowing that their PU cats are more prone to UTI.

So basically, if the attending vet isn't worried at the moment, then I'd say keep an eye on it as they may be expecting more of the first situation based on how he presented and how treatment went. If it continues, gets worse, he gets blood in his urine, or he seems to have an "off" day, then he may need to receive treatment.

Thanks for the info he's still on clavamox and there has been a lot of stress these past few days. Because we are moving in a few days and everything in the apartments has moved. They gave us some tranqs to keep him calm during the move and have been using feliway. He was freaking out today from the stress so we stopped for an hour to let him relax. It mostly happens when he's sleeping and think it's probably he just still can't get it under control while sleeping.

I have a check up schedueled with is old/new vet in Philly a few days after we get there.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Just for reference to my last post in this thread. 95% of his urine leakage has stopped since we moved into a 2 story house with finished basement. (Old apartment was very tiny). It was either stress from moving or he was having trouble figuring out how to control his new pee hole.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
When my grandfather passed my grandmother got a couple cats - 1 looks exacly like our Porch Kitty (The name just stuck he lives in the house.)
Her cat:

Mine:

Yes I know my fingernails were long then, I mostly don't bother clipping them because it;s easier to scratch my back, and I just rip them off when they get too long.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Porch Kitty loves the scratches from the nails on his back - that's why I don't make it a priority to cut them :D

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
There is something wrong with my sisters cat, is there something she can give it for pain until friday (I know nsaids and acetomenophin are no no's) - she can't afford it until she gets paid (care credit denied her). Just something to reduce the pain for a little bit. Wish I could help her but I don't have much money left myself.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Mister Adequate posted:

I wouldn't want to make such a recommendation myself, being just a moron on the Internet, but even if she can't afford a visit your sister might be able to give the vet a call and just ask if they have any recommendations for the cat to get through the next couple of days.

e; She could just move everything the cat needs into one room and shut the door, the cat will probably just fall asleep, and won't be bothered by other people or pets, and is less likely to run around and make things worse. Not an actual pain solution but might help a little with any stress the cat is in.

She doesn't have a regular vet (I would have recommended the Cat Vet on South St but since they got bought out - I will not b/c it's all corporate now.), just a cat she found on the street that she decided to take in. She keeps it seperated from the dogs in the house, but she showed me pictures not doing well. She can't do anything until friday until she gets paid but anything to make it more comftobal is great., our gmom gave her beds and beds with toys to help keep her comfy until than, but if we can do anything until friday, with real opinions on what to do it would be great, (not my cat, my sisters, just looking for regular advice, not medical advice.)

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
"I tried putting a cone on him and he did not like it so he freaked out and pressed his face on the wall and light colored blood came out so shayne squeezed his face and a lot came out but it made his face a lot less swollen"

That is pretty much all I know until they can get to the vet tomorrow. - not my cat just asking advice for her.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Yeah I have never lived with my sisters because they are technically my half sisters, same mother but they have a different father than I do - and I don't really like my step-father so I don't go over there much unless I want to scream at someone for doing something stupid. - but my youngest sister is trying her best to take care of the kitty.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
This kitty was howling on my porch - So I took him in - his microchip was never registered (it was installed somewhere in the Suburbs - I live in deep south philly). The place it was installed at couldn't tell me whose cat it was, contacted the ASPCA, PAWS and Project Meow along with posting flyers - no one ever claimed him - my Kitty now. We named him Pound Cake - we think he is part Main Coon because of his size. - he's only estimated to be no more than 2yo but probably around 1yo - FIV/Felv free and he uses the litter box properly.

Edit: my husband thinks that he thinks I'm his mom because he will almost never leave my side and whenever I fall asleep on my stomach he gives me back massages from kneeding my back.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 20, 2018

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
HEHEH Yeah if he's not ontop of my back hes laying by my feet and nipping my ankles or laying on the floor right next to me - He's right next to my bike right now and giving me the girliest meow I have ever heard! - He picked the right porch to howl on - I couldn't resist him.

Edit: Added a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDxV6G_ilw0

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 20, 2018

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^^^ Yeah it took a lot of me arguing to agree on a name - my husband wanted to name him something stupid - but then he just shouted out "Pound Cake" and then I agreed. I've been up since 6am and Poundy is still sleeping ont the bed where my feet normally go.... not gonna bother him and just leave him alone - one because I want to let him rest and 2 because by hands and forhead are covered in purple manic panic.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

Pound Cake is wonderful and I hope you keep us posted on his adventures.

Sure will - this was his adventure today! Not very exciting - whenever he attacks the cat tree he's finished by the time I can find my phone to turn it on and record.

He's definitly happy inside and gives no fucks about anything.

Deteriorata posted:

Puking every 7-8 days seems pretty normal. Your fiance is right - cats just puke sometimes and it's not clear as to why. If he's otherwise healthy, don't worry about it.

Mine one cat pukes because I keep him on a diet and gorges himself - I have tried so many things to make him slow down eating but he doesn't want to use any of them and just constantly meows at me until I put the food in a plate or in a bowl. Then he vomits it up from gorging and eats what he vomited - silly cat.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 21, 2018

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

Okay actually you can do something. feed your cat one spoonful of food at a time

Tell that to my porch kitty and he will bite your face off, not really, but really

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Ms Adequate posted:

i would 100% lose my hands because i would not be able to resist THAT FLOOFY BELLY :kimchi:

Actually you wouldn't, he loves tummy rubs - pretty much any attention really - half the time when I wake up he's laying underneath my feet. Most you might is a tiny gentle love nip. No blood and no pain - unlike when the other cat was a kitten and would draw blood with teeth and claws if I so much as went near his stomach - but fortunatly he's 15ish old and lazy and for the most part can't be bothered anymore.

kaworu posted:

You not only look very eerily like me, but so does your cat.

Goddammit. I'm never going to find the right buy to marry and I'm going to die alone living with cats, aren't I? :sigh:

And Jackie looks SOOOO much like Pound Cake, and is also part Maine Coon. Here are a couple pics of Jackie:

You must admit there is some resemblance. I mean, Jackie is 12 so she's a bit bigger and she's polydactyl... I couldn't tell if your kitty was...

Anyway I'm more jealous. I may have a cat who considers me her mom but I don't have a husband. Can't seem to figure out that secret. I *could* have a husband, actually, I can think of one rich and successful but not so attractive man who may say yes and another younger much more sexually attractive guy who probably would say yes after 3 months. Maybe I am just afraid of making the EFFORT

but dammit. i dont wanna die alone and i really want to be part of a family again :cry:

PS: On a happier note, regarding Jackie's floofy bellly fur, YES she will let pretty much amyone bury their famcdx xvklls

His last check up he weighed 19.x lbs -vet even said he only seems a tiny bit over weight from feeling how much was fat/muscle etc.... however vets measure that stuff. I forgot to ask but judging from the size of his paws seems like he still has some growing to do. Unfortunatly he's not one of the polydactly cats - which I kind of wish he was but also don't - a friend of mine had a regular tabby that was one and always made carpet pulling sounds when just walking around. and Jackie does look very much like Poundy - belly and all - just seems to me a little darker colored.

We were together for about 10 years before we got married, going on 15 years now- I forget how many years gay marriage was legal back then - and marriage isn't all it's cracked up to be HAHA.

Edit: Oh yeah - only cat I have been able to train to actually scratch the scratching post and not the carpet, door mat, couches etc... - It didn't even take that long to train him.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 24, 2018

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Anyone ever tried these things for dry food? They're little plastic mouse shaped food holders that the cats have to find hidden around the house and then knock around to get the food to fall out of. It's supposed to resemble hunting. Here's ours giving it a try:

I have never tried that particular one but I have tried Slim Cat and the dry food just winds up all over the place and underneath everything and it either drops nothing or near all of it at once with my cat's particular type of food. (and placing into one of those disposable aluminum pans doesn't work because there isn't enough room for it to work.)

I have also tried Catit food maze one cat won't eat or even try and use it, the other just slaps it and knocks it over and gets all the food he wants.

I Haven't tried using either with Pound Cake because the cat I really need it for they don't work for so they get a measured amount during the day and during the night in general.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Organza Quiz posted:

I have the food maze, one of my cats uses it beautifully and never realised she could knock it over intentionally, the other cat would just try to bite the plastic and be sad that she was biting plastic and not food. She did eventually learn to come running when she heard the other cat getting food from it, which I suppose is one kind of problem-solving.

I just use bowls now because no good spot to have cat food flying around and they get enough stimulation from their cat run.

Yeah the slim cat I have just given up on, but I still keep the food maze around (without food) until I decide I don't want to be lazy and attach it to the wall or floor some how - but lazy.

I use to free feed with a gravity feeder to make things easier - but because of weight issues with the one cat - that's why I tried the slim cat and the catit maze. - It's easier just to portion out the food and put into a bowl. I still keep the gravity feeder around for the occasional weekend trip. I think they love it when we go away - they get all the food they want whenever they want for a couple days.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

My stupid cat has figured out how to knock over his auto-feeder, which is startling to my downstairs neighbors and self-defeating because it won't feed him then! But he just won't listen. Can I weight this thing down, or tie it down, in some way that he won't destroy?

Normally the plug and wires are covered up by the feeder, so I'm less worried about him getting at them if he can't knock the whole thing over.

Silly cats and knocking over their food things!

Is that one of the AmazonBasics cat trees? it looks like the one I have (Large: which isn't that large but for the price the cats love it). There were nicer ones for only a little more of varying types of levels (and brands) but that one fit into the space I wanted to put it into.

And the Twirl and Whirl fits onto it perfectly and the cats love it. - I don't think we got it from Amazon - but it's just easier to find a product there and link to it.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Apr 24, 2018

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Duct Tape posted:

Vet bills add up crazy fast. Already at about 1/5 the cost of when I got my appendectomy.

Yes they do. I had to cash a bond because my cats P.U. surgery was a little under $6k.

Since she seems dehydrated have you tried one of those water fountains? I like This one. It doesn't have a falling stream of water that scares the cats and it's also easy to take out the filter clean the pads and add new carbon to (I just replace it with carbon that's made for fish filters (the API brand). The downside though is the bowl has to be constantly topped off with water dialy so the pump doesn't humm like crazy. But I have noticed my cat drinks a lot more water than he used to - probably because the circulation keeps it airrated or something and makes it taste fresher.

I do not recommend the Drinkwell's - they are a bitch to clean with all their stupid nooks and crannies and have a tendancy to leak the gallon of water all over the place - it's not something I would ever rely on.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^^^ Not the same with mine unfortunatly - I told my husband not to get one of those because they have a tendancy to leak and are a bitch to clean - so it sits under my shelf next to the microwate completly unused - got tired of cleaning up the puddles from it. HAHA.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 2, 2018