Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
My cat has, in about the past week, gotten really into playing fetch?? Like, REALLY into it, to the point where if you go downstairs for any reason, she will follow you and scream repeatedly until you give in and throw one of those elastic hair ties around for her to slide across the floor after it and then to trot back to you with it in her mouth so you can throw it again. Not sure if this is going to be the rest of my life or if it's just a phase, but good god, she is obsessed.

eta: here is periwinkle playing fetch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5wMJK2jb6o

Obnoxipus fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

Enjoy it while it lasts! I had a cat who became obsessed with fetch for about a year and then forgot about it. He was also an incredibly dumb but sweet boy who didn't always grasp the mechanics behind fetch and would sometimes drop the toy before trotting back and waiting patiently for you to throw the toy still located on the other side of the room.

It would be nice for her to wait patiently, tonight I had trouble finding a hair tie and had to look around for one. The entire time, she screamed at me to play with her already. I'm trying!!

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
It's a nice feeling! Though I get that sometimes it can come with challenges. My girl decides that around 4 am is when it's time for her to cozy up to my neck/chest area and purr and if I am not petting her, she cries and cries, so no sleep until she's satisfied.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Cat has started playing a very fun game where she goes somewhere like in a box or between my bed's sideboard and the wall and meows really pitifully and sadly so when I or anyone else goes to look, she jumps out and attacks. Repeat until she tires herself out.

I love this little beast.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
A relative who lives across the country (USA) passed recently and left behind a 15-year-old cat. I told my partner, when she asked, that it probably wouldn't work to take the cat in, considering that we'd be moving her across the country, she's not super young, and we already have two cats in a small house (one that does not like the other and one that is still full of kitten energy one year in), but I know she used to live with this cat and loves her, and I feel like the worst kind of person turning her down. Was I wrong to say no to this cat?