Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
I got my cat Quentin in 2019 when she was only a month or two old, and since then she's lived with me, my now-ex, and two other cats. This week, my ex moved out and took her two cats with her. I'll have a new roommate in a couple of days, but I'm worried that Quentin will get anxious or at least bored now that she'll be home alone for a significant chunk of the week. My lease ends in July, and my new roommate is mildly allergic to cats, so I want to hold off on getting a second cat until I move. Any recommendations for toys she could use while I'm gone? If it helps, she is a bigger cat - a little over 20 lbs, and asthmatic - and I'm getting her a harness so that I can at least start taking her out for walks when I'm home.

china bot fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
Makes sense, and she has no choice but to be a solo cat until mid-July so I figure I'll be able to tell by then

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
my cat will only scratch on one specific guitar amp and nothing else

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
my cat has asthma! because I work an hour away five days a week, I didn't understand what was happening until it became a daily occurrence. took her to the vet, she was initially on a twice-daily steroid, now she uses an inhaler that I have to order from New Zealand for some reason. that being said, it really hasn't been too scary or expensive to deal with. anything specific you want to know?

e: the cat in question, Quentin

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Tulalip Tulips posted:

We're starting off with twice daily steroids and then every other day until the bottle is empty. I think I'm more worried about what happens going forward and keeping her on the right track.

my vet gave me the choice of continuing with the steroids or switching to the inhaler. Quentin fights the inhaler a bit more than she fought the steroid, but the inhaler allows for less strict adherence to a dosing schedule. I usually give her the inhaler before I leave for work in the morning and before I go to bed, but if necessary one dose from the inhaler will last her for the whole day.