Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

you can do whatever you want in life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

zetamind2000 posted:

That will always by my favorite.

Also, while it's not a line I'll probably ever get a chance to use, I do love,"My car parts are on my car, by the way"

That strip also has the wonderful alt text: "Seven men pissing into empties, calling you human being. They cannot see you."

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

bloody ghost titty posted:

Recently I have gotten a distressing amount of mileage out of “‘all of their money’ is ‘away from them’”

Similarly, "dong-razzled"

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

Similarly, "dong-razzled"

Probably at least a decade and change ago, I was back in my college town partying with a bunch of friends and on the ride back to go to sleep, almost totally blacked out, they asked me how I was and I said 'I'm dong-razzled' and the whole car burst into laughter, mostly at the quickly-produced absurd phrase. I owe Onstad for that one.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Once more singing the praises of KOODGE as an Onomatopoeia

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

withak posted:

Rough chuckles seem to come up a lot more than they really ought to here.

goons are getting older, and on average we’re either entering middle age or we’ve been there for a while. It’s the chunk of your life where poo poo really starts to get real for many people— you start and lose careers, families, marriages, homes, etc.

Your older family members and acquaintances, and even some of your younger ones, die. Your health and the health of people you care about starts going to poo poo, often catastrophically so. A major financial setback means having your entire life fall apart. You know, the only game in town.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

trilobite terror posted:

goons are getting older, and on average we’re either entering middle age or we’ve been there for a while. It’s the chunk of your life where poo poo really starts to get real for many people

Yeah I think where this place has an intangible, irreplaceable benefit is that a huge chunk of us found it in our teens / early 20's and now there's very little replenishment so we're all just being friendly, old people on a glorified, defunct Facebook page.

You can't really find a platform of this quality left on the internet. Reddit is like a college town where everyone's age caps out a 21 and a bunch of kids are posting in /r/RelationshipAdvice.

I used to have an SA account ages -long abandoned- ago when I spent my time being an idiot and sparring with people in LF, now I just kinda coast through threads like a chill old man. Back in the old days I copped probes like plugging the meter.

Which is all to say, we chose not to move "forward" into false self actualization and instead moved laterally into the arms of Ashkirri, the Mother-Man.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I've been getting a lot of mileage out of "it's a triumph for your body when you keep yourself fed" lately

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

Scags McDouglas posted:

Yeah I think where this place has an intangible, irreplaceable benefit is that a huge chunk of us found it in our teens / early 20's and now there's very little replenishment so we're all just being friendly, old people on a glorified, defunct Facebook page.

Replenishment checking in! Never going to get tired of flexing my burgeoning adulthood. I just turned twenty! I've got friends who DJ! I'm never getting old! Suckers! Hahaaaaa *peels away on motorcycle*

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
lol DJ’ing is a thing for 50-70 year olds

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

mutantIke posted:

Replenishment checking in! Never going to get tired of flexing my burgeoning adulthood. I just turned twenty! I've got friends who DJ! I'm never getting old! Suckers! Hahaaaaa *peels away on motorcycle*
Do you identify with little nephew

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

trilobite terror posted:

So's owning a motorcycle

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
whenever someone is looking for an instruction set here? I am standing in it

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

drrockso20 posted:

Once more singing the praises of KOODGE as an Onomatopoeia

With the deterioration of infrastructure and build quality in late stage capitalism, "external combustion engine" is getting more and more use for me.

Also:

zetamind2000 posted:

will forever live supreme.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
my favorite less remembered achewoodism is “Restroom Eyes”

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
I KNEW the wedding would be a meet-n-greet for the funeral

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Sometimes love is wondering if you trapped an innocent person.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That alt text. God dammit somebody check on Onstaf

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Is the word that Beef's looking for just "burnt" or is my language center also going? :ohdear:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I was thinking "toasty" or "toasted"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Deathlove posted:

Sometimes love is wondering if you trapped an innocent person.

Technically yeah but really it's more like we colluded.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Safety Dance posted:

I was thinking "toasty" or "toasted"

Could go with "scorched" but I tend to reserve that for when it's kind of carbony

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

How It's Made: A Shoe

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I do have a few others. I can't see six dollars in cash without referring to is as a cute amount of money for a cute little guy, or seven dollars without thinking "I will love you forever seven dollars."

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

theironjef posted:

I do have a few others. I can't see six dollars in cash without referring to is as a cute amount of money for a cute little guy, or seven dollars without thinking "I will love you forever seven dollars."

For us, it's "six hundred dollars is class money" / "serious money"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
We lookin at about a six hundo here

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

trilobite terror posted:

Maybe the way you do it, Grandpa. My friends play Talking Heads and Marvin Gaye. Very cool among the youths :smug:

Also I would like to shout out Onstad's perpetual commitment to illustrating the act of chewing with as much detail as possible

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Antivehicular posted:

For us, it's "six hundred dollars is class money" / "serious money"

Oh yeah, the one that establishes that not only does Cornelius have a serious problem with leaving his various musical instruments on the floor, but he's spreading it to the other house residents too. Connie, quit leaving your french horns and childhood drums all over the floor, it's really on you this keeps happening!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Yeah, I feel like the horn being under a towel on the floor of the bathroom was an accident waiting to happen. The six hundo was quite generous.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

trilobite terror posted:

You know, the only game in town.

Honestly, that's probably my most used achewoodism. Sometime over COVID I went from being "in my 30s" to being "middle aged" and now I'm like, in the "old guard" in some situations so I'm regularly in a place where people talk to me about how they're no longer able to do things they used to when they were 23

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)

Phy posted:

Could go with "scorched" but I tend to reserve that for when it's kind of carbony

I was just going for "baked" tbh.

Anyway, my go-to is "proceeded to poo poo the bed with the lights on" and I've used that a time or two at work.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I don't hang out with the right people to use this phrase IRL, but I was always taken by the phrase "packing hot lunches" to refer to making GBS threads in sandwich baggies when the gang was trapped in Ray's dumbwaiter

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

moot the hopple posted:

I don't hang out with the right people to use this phrase IRL, but I was always taken by the phrase "packing hot lunches" to refer to making GBS threads in sandwich baggies when the gang was trapped in Ray's dumbwaiter
From that story, "I spent a lot of time thinking about the things that those men said" is a personal favorite turn of phrase.

Also "Speak not of water-clad nymphs".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

trilobite terror posted:

my favorite less remembered achewoodism is “Restroom Eyes”

Gets his way? :hmmyes:

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

mutantIke posted:

Maybe the way you do it, Grandpa. My friends play Talking Heads and Marvin Gaye. Very cool among the youths :smug:

Also I would like to shout out Onstad's perpetual commitment to illustrating the act of chewing with as much detail as possible

AH-GROOBAH-PFUH *WHAM*

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Referring to marriage as the great indoor fight was a real low light.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
"and so on and et cetera" is probably the achewood idiom that gets most use from me

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I use "scholar's note:" more often than anyone really has need

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I feel like the horn being under a towel on the floor of the bathroom was an accident waiting to happen. The six hundo was quite generous.

Only the threat of an aggravated Lyling was enough to get him to lock up his trumpet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
making plop-plops