Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Teppu is really refreshing. It's not often I read a manga where the female characters aren't sex objects or second fiddles, and actually look like capable members of their supposed profession. Beyond that, the characters are entertaining and the premise is functional enough, and I'm hardly a fan of sports manga.

(zorak change tag to )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

"I get some good sounds from you, too."

Loving this manga.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

blastron posted:

Holy crap, Natsuo's hosed up. I don't think I've ever disliked a protagonist this much. Not because she's badly written or full of tropes, but because she's just so unlikable, the kind of person I would hate to have to interact with. She's self-centered and sadistic, and everyone knows it. The fact that her teacher is thinking "I've failed as an instructor" and hoping that Natsuo fails is pretty telling, and Natsuo actively tried to humiliate and toy with her opponent for the entire match. Not a classy lady.

And then you get to the end of the chapter where she looks genuinely happy and wanting to brag to her family about her achievement, and then the brother thing happens, and then suddenly we see this other side of her and suddenly she's weirdly sympathetic again.

Why does this have to come out so slowly?

Someone said earlier that she's a sports manga villain written as a protagonist.

And it's awesome.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Page 46 is the best page.

Bubbles and sparkles and big shiny eyes.

• Locked thread