Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hoss Corncave posted:

There's a very small possibility that they really did not know what the Final Solution was and that it wasn't a reference to Hitler's terrible plan.

I do not however extend that same possibility to when Vince Russo wanted to give Hardcore Holly a finisher name and came up with "Hollycaust" for it.

You have to understand that Holocaust education was abysmal until the 1970s when the majority of WCW's management was already educated, except most of them had a 5th grade education.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm on team someone involved absolutely knew and just thought it was clever to name a bad guy that.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
(it was Hogan)

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I had never heard about the Final Solution until I read about it on wrestlecrap.com, but also I was 13

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I mostly just think it doesn't make enough sense as a character name without being a reference for it to be more likely that it was just a coincidence. I don't think there was any malicious intent to it or anything, I think someone just thought referencing a really bad thing made sense for a bad guy.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
"All right brother, what's the most evil thing that ever happened? I'm gonna legdrop it"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TheSwizzler posted:

"All right brother, what's the most evil thing that ever happened? I'm gonna legdrop it"

In mild defense of Hogan that had been a large part of his career until then.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

TheSwizzler posted:

if hogan could find a way to legdrop capitalism i'll be a fan of his forever

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
That doesn't work for me, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

TheSwizzler posted:

"I gave Oskar Schindler the idea to save all those Jews, brother."