Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

Red_Fred posted:

I have an Orange AD-15 amp that I haven't used for probably 10 years. Is there anything I need to do when I first switch it back on?

I've also moved into an apartment and would like to be able to get that sweet Orange sound with headphones. What's the best thing to do here? I don't mind get a modification done by a professional if that's what would be best.

I'm not sure about your first question but for your second one, how about getting a loadbox with a headphone jack? I think Dang it Bhabhi! (who posted right before you) recently got themselves a Torpedo Captor X, so that might be something worth checking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
Picked up a Blackstar Studio 10 (6L6 version) on Friday and I'm really enjoying it. I'm in an apartment so I can't exactly crank it but I can still play around with the master volume to get some nice driven sounds at manageable levels, or hit it with overdrive/fuzz pedals. Plus I can dial it in to that sweet spot where it's mostly clean unless you really dig in. Speaker seems decent enough but I really wanted to try upgrading it so I ordered a Neo Creamback and I can't wait to try it out.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

Xabi posted:

Is there a consensus on the best amp for apartments these days?

Yamaha thr10ii? Some sort of Katana? Anything else?

I primarily want decent tones and simplicity. And the ability to play along to music on my headphones.

The THR10 is great for this. You can play music through it via its USB connection (if you have it connected to a computer), or via the AUX port (3.5 mm). Having separate volume knobs for your guitar input and the USB/AUX input is very useful. Plus you can use it as an audio interface for recording or amp plugins - although I'm not sure how it stacks up if you compare it a standalone interface like a Focusrite Scarlett or whatever.

I'm still using a first gen model and have been very happy with it for apartment use. I think the sounds from it are pretty good on its own but I also run my pedalboard into it.