Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Ghost Cactus posted:

Anyone with creditable military or civilian service toward annual leave ever had their service computation date reviewed?

Last agency granted creditable service for annual leave accrual rate; worked there about two years. Current agency is looking to change the service computation date.

I thought it was permanent after a year with the agency that granted it.

Unless you had a break in service or some other very weird thing during your first year at the appointing agency, which it sounds like you didn't, this OPM guidance seems pretty clear that "Once an employee completes 1 full year of continuous service with the appointing agency, the period of service for which he or she was granted service credit for his or her non-Federal or active duty uniformed service work experience is permanently creditable for the purpose of determining his or her annual leave accrual rate for the duration of the employee's career."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006

Quorum posted:

Unless you had a break in service or some other very weird thing during your first year at the appointing agency, which it sounds like you didn't, this OPM guidance seems pretty clear that "Once an employee completes 1 full year of continuous service with the appointing agency, the period of service for which he or she was granted service credit for his or her non-Federal or active duty uniformed service work experience is permanently creditable for the purpose of determining his or her annual leave accrual rate for the duration of the employee's career."

Sure didn’t. I need to figure out how to convey that to HR. I’ve sent that same link and tried to explain, but here we are. This also doesn’t seem like a normal audit they run and I’m wondering why I drew the short straw.

I’m concerned about the bureaucratic nightmare of fixing it if/when HR breaks it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Inspectors general often love to hear about stuff like that. OGC too, they exist to keep their parent organizations from being sued.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

That's some crazy poo poo. Definitely don't back down. Are you in a union bargaining unit that you could involve?

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Quorum posted:

While true, OPM guidance also states this:

quote:

e. Discovery of an error. The current employing agency must recompute an employee’s Service Computation Date-Leave when an error is discovered. It does not matter when the error was made, who made it, or what information the employee previously received about the credit to which he or she might be entitled.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/data-analysis-documentation/personnel-documentation/processing-personnel-actions/gppa06.pdf

Unless I'm missing something, which is quite possible.

Sir John Falstaff fucked around with this message at 06:09 on May 2, 2024

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006

Midjack posted:

Inspectors general often love to hear about stuff like that. OGC too, they exist to keep their parent organizations from being sued.

I don’t have a lawyer or a spine!

Thesaurus posted:

That's some crazy poo poo. Definitely don't back down. Are you in a union bargaining unit that you could involve?

Unfortunately, no.

I bet this is it! Thanks for the link. Can’t wait for every new HR person to see my file and recalculate my SCD because they think they’ve discovered an error.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Aside from the obvious of being having a finite lifespan, what are the downsides of a temporary appointment vs a permanent one? "This is a temporary position with a not to exceed date of 12 months and may be extended for up to 1 additional year (24 months of total service)."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

ilkhan posted:

Aside from the obvious of being having a finite lifespan, what are the downsides of a temporary appointment vs a permanent one? "This is a temporary position with a not to exceed date of 12 months and may be extended for up to 1 additional year (24 months of total service)."

From working as an NPS seasonal, other than the obvious lack of long-term job security not being a permanent meant that I didn't get to benefit from TSP contributions.