Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

#11? I'm calling him "Necromancer".

Well, Vecna was a necromancer, so we can both be right! :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Deus Ex Macklemore posted:

Not dragon related but does anyone have a hint about which McLaren will be taking $450 from me in August? I assume it's the Senna

Been wondering this myself. Seems like something is usually teased by now.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Saithir posted:

The displacer looks like it hasn't eaten in a century and the owlbear probably spent the same century stealing the displacer beast's food.

That's pretty much accurate to the official art for both :shrug:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Tarquinn posted:

Well, Vecna was a necromancer, so we can both be right! :eng101:

Only if it is missing a hand.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

We still haven’t seen the TIE Interceptor for May 4th yet

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It's going to be a life size ayrton senna brick head and the brain inside is a McLaren MP4/4

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Dogen posted:

Yeah, honestly, anything would be better than the older UCS one that has *blue* accents on it.

My dream model would be the Royal Guard TiE-In, and it's not like they haven't flirted with it in the past: https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/major-vonreg-s-tie-fighter-75240

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Dogen posted:

I know, right?? :ohdear:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, honestly, anything would be better than the older UCS one that has *blue* accents on it.

My dream model would be the Royal Guard TiE-In, and it's not like they haven't flirted with it in the past: https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/major-vonreg-s-tie-fighter-75240

I mean I’m sure it’s gonna be vanilla so people can keep collecting the main line fighters from the original movies

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
UCS convertable TIE cockpit with 7-in-1 wing cnfiguration

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Ugh if the next UCS set is an interceptor there goes another $1000 because im also getting the McLaren whenever that comes out lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I wish the Mimic was a general price threshold GWP instead of bundled with the set, since the rest of the set is very meh (outside of the Bed mimic)

Dogen
May 5, 2002

w00tazn posted:

Ugh if the next UCS set is an interceptor there goes another $1000 because im also getting the McLaren whenever that comes out lol

Supposed to be. Probably will be a 200-250 set.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I had got one of those for myself then my wife bought me one as a gift, not realizing I hadn’t built it yet.
So I smashed em together:

Pardon my dust

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Borsche69 posted:

I wish the Mimic was a general price threshold GWP instead of bundled with the set, since the rest of the set is very meh (outside of the Bed mimic)

I'm either gonna ebay this one or just order the parts for it in whatever colors I want, heh.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

mutata posted:

I'm either gonna ebay this one or just order the parts for it in whatever colors I want, heh.

yup

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I watched a few reviews of the D&D set and hadn't realized that it's an actual adventure, with a book and everything. That alone makes it pretty cool and unique. If some DMs out there have infinite time, they can even take inspiration from this to build out adventures each week in Lego form!

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

trevorreznik posted:

I watched a few reviews of the D&D set and hadn't realized that it's an actual adventure, with a book and everything. That alone makes it pretty cool and unique. If some DMs out there have infinite time, they can even take inspiration from this to build out adventures each week in Lego form!

Makes me kinda want it as my 5 year old wants to play DND and loves Lego too

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

a sexual elk posted:

So I smashed em together:

Man here has the chance to build the TIE-Defender and decides to make... this.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Dunno always thought the defender was kinda lame, adding more wings/panels is like putting lightsabers on a dudes knees

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

a sexual elk posted:

Dunno always thought the defender was kinda lame, adding more wings/panels is like putting lightsabers on a dudes knees

Ok Zaarin

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hahahahah

Dogen
May 5, 2002

In my day we had two lasers two engines and no deflector, and that’s how we likesed it

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Dogen posted:

In my day we had two lasers two engines and no deflector, and that’s how we likesed it

That count?

(few tweeks between the pics)

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Mar 21, 2024

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Whoops sorry

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 21, 2024

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

If I like orrerys, will I like the Technic “earth and moon orbit” set?

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Xenomrph posted:

Probably, if you're into mechanical orreries. I think it's cool. People here have expressed that they prefer an unofficial version though, due to the visible joins on the Sun hemispheres. I can say that the mechanism in the official one is very cool and e.g. preserves the correct axial tilt on the Earth as it orbits which is more detail than one might expect from a Lego kit. I like the look of it, as well.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
It was my birthday yesterday and one of my Lego-loving friends surprised me with this cute little guy

Original pieces I guess, judging by the clutch and slightly different molds etc.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Nice! Great era for Space sets imo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
It's from a good few years before my birthday as well, so it's nice to get a little piece of Lego history

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
The current thread title is worryingly accurate. I’m currently unemployed so I have the time to build Lego, but at some point I’m going to have to reconsider my spending on these things.

I didn’t expect to get so into Lego like I have. Turns out it’s a lot of fun. poo poo.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Xenomrph posted:

do you like the orrey or the look of an orrey?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Creature posted:

The current thread title is worryingly accurate. I’m currently unemployed so I have the time to build Lego, but at some point I’m going to have to reconsider my spending on these things.

I didn’t expect to get so into Lego like I have. Turns out it’s a lot of fun. poo poo.

I had a similar problem. the main thing is to have a goal in mind and not just buy because something is on sale. so set a budget and remember that there'll always be another eBay or marketplace listing

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
There's no shame in making a spreadsheet to plan your budget, decide what you really want to get, and what you're willing to spend on those sets.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
And then throwing it out and renting a storage unit to hold all your unopened sets.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Just be a DINK household and die with no descendants. clutching all your Lego

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
All falling from the second storey of the storage unit, shot to death by two brightly colored cowboys

Last words all "Bury me with my Legos"

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Dogen posted:

Or give the built sets to your one nephew until your brother says “please no more”.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Dogen posted:

This guy gets it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Don't get buried. Build a mausoleum out of LEGO. With your ashes in a LEGO tomb.

LEGO gates.

Everything LEGO.

LEGOLEGOLEGOLEGO.