Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Fatkraken posted:

it's 168 pieces with a raw bricklink price of under £20, I just want to get it for something close to that once shipping is in effect. I didn't see the multibuy option though, I think that's what I needed, so thanks

Oh, yeah that makes sense then. I must have been temporarily dyslexic and read 168 as 618 or something. Glad it sounds like it will work out for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

trevorreznik posted:

I imported this into bricklink just now, and hitting auto select it came out to $17.65 total from 3 stores before factoring in shipping, all in USA.

Hopefully this is what you found too

You are unlikely to get those exact eye pieces, though. There are alternatives out there that look various degrees of not quite as good.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Yeah, those eyes aren't in any other set. These look fine imo and are less than 10¢ each. And the slight difference is not worth the insane mark up on the boxed set unless you are some kind of ultra purest. Plus those eyes could show up in another set in the future.

deoju fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Apr 29, 2024

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
There's a new set coming out that I think has the same eyes. Unless I dreamed it. Don't think it was a dream, though. Can't remember what is was, though. Hmm...

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Last series of minifigs that are remotely affordable arrived today - series 24. So I now have 21 - 25 all set up. Looking forward to the Space themed series 26.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

deoju posted:

Yeah, those eyes aren't in any other set. These look fine imo and are less than 10¢ each. And the slight difference is not worth the insane mark up on the boxed set unless you are some kind of ultra purest. Plus those eyes could show up in another set in the future.

IMO these eyes look better anyway

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
New Speed Champs lambo looks p sweet.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
What is it?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
A lambo. Lemme find it again.

it's a Lamborghini Lambo. lol.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Apparently it's a Vision GT. My knowledge of Lamborghini kind of ends at the A Vent, A Door so I had to go lookin.

https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/news/lambo-v12-vision-gran-turismo-you-can-drive-it-too

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I just ordered the 1:8 scale Lambo Countach from Mould Kings. Will be my first set from them, excited to see how badly I can gently caress it up.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
New Ninjago sets. That mech looks absolutely amazing, and I'm 99% sure that blade is the same piece as the one they used for hte Ornithopter's wings.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Skios posted:

New Ninjago sets. That mech looks absolutely amazing, and I'm 99% sure that blade is the same piece as the one they used for hte Ornithopter's wings.

That mech is sweet. I wish the vehicle looked half as cool, thing looks like it was cobbled together from someone's leftover parts.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Check out this nostalgia bait.
https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-if-we-can-turn-back-time-fan-vote-relaunch/

:ssh: there's a couple in there that might get my money.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Of course the Interceptor didn't go live for sale at midnight. :colbert:

EDIT: Then *did*, and is now down again, because it didn't add the three gifts to the bag. And is now throwing an error when you attempt to add it to your bag.

EDIT2: Finally figured out what was going on - spamming "add to bag" was just filling my phantom cart to the point where I hit the purchase limit and it was locking me out. Finally gained access to my cart by adding a random set, whittled all the crap out, and was able to check out.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:14 on May 1, 2024

Cherokee Jack
Dec 27, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Of course the Interceptor didn't go live for sale at midnight. :colbert:

EDIT: Then *did*, and is now down again, because it didn't add the three gifts to the bag. And is now throwing an error when you attempt to add it to your bag.

It took me 46 minutes to get my order through and I had the same errors. Empty cart, full cart, etc. At one point I was finally able to checkout but I noticed it didn’t add the GWP’s, so I backed out. Then 20 minutes later everything worked.

Unlike last year it only took a few minutes to get my confirmation emails so it’s definitely an improvement. :v:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
when are they going to just buy more aws time or whatever when there's a big launch, geez

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Pics of a ton of sets for this summer are showing up. Technic, speed champions, marvel, sonic, Mario, friends. Just scroll down a bit to see them.
https://www.thebrickfan.com/

Not much there grabs me.The highlight is the lunar rover, but I'm not interested enough to buy it.

Maybe I'll buy the Thor set and try to make the creature more like a LOTR Balrog though.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
Never collected the mini figure series stuff before. What do you all do? Order 1 or 2 six packs or wait a minute and buy a complete set on the secondary market?

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

prisoner of waffles posted:

Never collected the mini figure series stuff before. What do you all do? Order 1 or 2 six packs or wait a minute and buy a complete set on the secondary market?

Varies by taste. I just ordered complete sets of 21 - 25 off ebay at pretty reasonable prices. You can already put in a preorder on ebay and other places for the complete series 26 set when it comes out. Or you can buy a box of, I want to say 36 packs? It's quite expensive but people here have said you'll probably get 2 - 2.5 sets out of it. Lego.com won't let you order more than 12 packs total so you simply can't get a full set there unless you have statistically improbable luck.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

deoju posted:

Pics of a ton of sets for this summer are showing up. Technic, speed champions, marvel, sonic, Mario, friends. Just scroll down a bit to see them.

Not much there grabs me.The highlight is the lunar rover, but I'm not interested enough to buy it.

Maybe I'll buy the Thor set and try to make the creature more like a LOTR Balrog though.

Ohh that Milano is really really nice. I'd probably pick the Lunar Rover if budget means I can only choose one, but man I like that a lot.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

a Lego City tram set has also been leaked apparently: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-city-60423-downtown-tram-revealed

this will be absolutely perfect for my city diorama (curse you Lego :argh: ), just need to buy a few track pieces to connect it up to the downtown train station. It also has a service dog! :3: It's not motorized but I honestly don't care, I don't have space for a full track layout and stuff, it's probably just going to be a point-to-point aesthetical thing

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 13:35 on May 1, 2024

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I thought the May 4th GWP was pretty cool last year, that little mini Death Star. This year's offerings are really disappointing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

deoju posted:

The Milano is very very nice.

The Milky Way sure is a bunch of random poo poo.
Out of all the sets to exist, it is one of them.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Well I did it:
Got the Interceptor and the GWPs, and because I am a total sucker I bit on the 15 off on the throne and bought it too.
:homebrew:

Now to spend 0$ on anything until mh3 which thankfully isn't unt....next month!?

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

prisoner of waffles posted:

Retired series are all on secondary markets. New series you can use various apps to scan the QR codes on the bottom of the packages to get the minifigs you need. The codes are usually published well before the release.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I'm not big on Marvel stuff, but that Milano looks cool and colourful enough as a display piece that I might just get it. Also, a Speed Champions safety car is a really fun idea.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

deoju posted:

Where’s the goddamn Technic supercar

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Well goddamnit Lego I bought the Interceptor, grats on securing another May 4th fomo purchase out of me

nearly 10k in points saved up which will obviously have to be reinvested at some point. my nephew doesn't have the latest ninjago city, I want Rivendell before it retires and I'd also love to combine the DnD set and the medieval town square

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

That lunar rover looks excellent, may be my first Technic purchase in a while if it's priced right.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Cool the AT-AT is sold out in the UK store so the promotion is no longer valid. I'm not even sure what the discount was so IDK if it's worth going into a store for it.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I actually quite like the milky way, probably not enough to actually buy it but out of the art sets I find it one of the more interesting, I like the texture

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

aaaand no store near me has it 🫠

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Fatkraken posted:

I actually quite like the milky way, probably not enough to actually buy it but out of the art sets I find it one of the more interesting, I like the texture

I guess tastes vary because it's definitely one that if it was described to me I'd expect to be massively in favour of it, but eyes on... yikes, no. The colours are just garish.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
What I like about the Lunar Rover is what I *don't* like about the Artemis set - stickers.

I also have a feeling the launch tower of the Artemis set is going to be a *miserably* repetitive build.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I don’t mind the stickers but I don’t like the weird attempt at the dish antenna. I’ll have to figure out some cloth/mesh fix for that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They should have made a supersized mold of that old school ribbed radar dish.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Butterfly Valley posted:

Well goddamnit Lego I bought the Interceptor, grats on securing another May 4th fomo purchase out of me

nearly 10k in points saved up which will obviously have to be reinvested at some point. my nephew doesn't have the latest ninjago city, I want Rivendell before it retires and I'd also love to combine the DnD set and the medieval town square

i am also going to probably get rivendell before it retires but i'll see if i can't get enough points for 200 dollars off first. i need like another 10k to hit that threshold (NOTE this is more expensive than just buying the set)

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

i'm a sucker for stuff like rivendell because each section of the build is totally different. viking village was cool like that too. i like star wars ships and whatnot but when you get to the wing sections and you're repeating yourself it loses a little bit of enjoyment in the process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm getting annoyed by speed champions double sets that don't need to be two cars. I don't want a g wagen, but I might have bought that other one of it weren't bundled together.