Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Le0 posted:

I've received my 17kg of lego, I went a little overboard there...

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Gotta wash them and then start sorting..

Just make sure to sort them all in one go. We'll see you in six months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Scipiotik posted:

I'm not James May.

You could be the next James May.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Generic Lego is universally lovely; I recently got a mixed bag of megablox, lego, and some fun little products called "Shifty" from Value Village;

The shifty products are flat out ripoffs and I feel sorry for this kid, because he had 3 or 4 sets from them (The Jet-Ski, and the old pirates treasure island). The bricks LOOK like legit lego but the quality is through the floor.

It's seriously so bad that the minifig faces are printed towards the bottom of a squashed head, which does NOT fit onto the necks of the torsos they came from.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey, if anybody sees the minifigures (s 2) in London, Ontario let me know.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

Have you tried the place in Waterloo/St. Jacobs?

Not yet, though it seems pretty rad. I don't drive, though. So.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Sair posted:

I'm not taking it off now, but it's this thing: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/42450

No instructions for it, either. Just... put it on.

What in the holy gently caress?

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

So i went to the TRU at whiteoaks here in London, and eventually found the figs near the cash. Spent about 15 minutes sorting and now i have the set :D

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey, anybody want to trade their mime for a beat cop?

Also - how do I make perfect circular structures with system bricks? I've tried with 1 x 3 and 1 x 4, but LDD is being (predictably) retarded.

PopeOnARope fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Sep 16, 2010

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Mookster posted:

This is the opening scene from the danish movie "The Olsen Gang Never Surrenders" from '79 which I really think you guys will digg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=squxkHIaIdY

Holy loving poo poo.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Moai Ou posted:

Found a better picture of the series 3 minifigs on /toy/ (shut up).

More Blacktron! Come on Lego, quit teasing us with this and the alien from SPIII and give us a Blacktron revival!

Welp, the sumo wrestler is clearly going to be the crash test dummy of this set. Bland figure, duplicate, meaningless accessory. Everything else looks awesome though.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

3 posted:

Nnovvember is almost over! And so, one more for the road:

This is a racing version of my earlier EP-50 Flea, and it definitely breaks zero VV rules this time.

Pardon my ignorance but, VV?

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

InfinEight posted:

He's working on it.

If Lego ever releases a collectible Persian minifig, I pity his wallet. Not to say that he doesn't have a palate of PoP sets already.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

Christ, that pisses me off. I cannot believe that a grown woman with children can look at a toy and think, "Oh, well, this idolizes the prison-industrial complex."

God forbid the learns of the Wild West line, because clearly that idolizes the systematic destruction of the Native American culture and brutal frontier justice inflicted upon misunderstood card sharks and bank robbers.

I'd like to see what toys she is happy with - I bet we could come up with quite a bit of moral outrage over them.

But most of all, it pisses me off because that poor kid has to deal with it. Protecting your kids from some of the crueler realities of the world is fine. Projecting your own politics onto their playtime is pretty ridiculous.

Perhaps the best part of it, is that this is more or less a revisit to a set made a few years ago. Why wasn't she flipping poo poo then.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Brothers Brick (via MTV) has the first official look at the PotC sets:

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2011/02/01/lego-pirates-of-the-caribbean-sets-and-video-games-trailer-news/

Hellooo $199USD set.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Considering our currencies are at par, the price differences on sets between the US and Canada are really starting to piss me off.

I've wanted the 8070 for a while, which is $119 in the US and $155 in Canada. Pray tell why there's a $35 loving difference. Which becomes a $56 difference when taxes are brought in. This really pisses me off, when there really shouldn't be a difference.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Evek posted:

Yeah its roughly a 3x6 plate with 4 studs in the center.

3x4.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I finished my Rynex.

And here is it in my newly-finished landing bay scene. It's meant to fit in a Lego Store window on the community display.

Though it's definitely drop dead gorgeous, the lengthy stretch of trans-blue really evokes thoughts of other things. Have you thought of fitting it with a motor to simulate the vibration of weapons fire?

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Kazy posted:

The only LEGO set I could never finish was some dumb UFO set that wouldn't stay together :( That set frustrated me so much, I wanted it to stay together but it just fell apart.

Pretty sure it was this one.

Oh yeah, that fucker was fussy, especially with the hose parts that caused their trim components to tear off the body.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

want to talk about horrible pricing? There's a small toy store on the bottom floor of the Toronto Eaton Centre that had S3 Lego minifigures "marked down" from CAN$9.99 each to $6.99 or so. The S4s were "on sale" for $4.99.

Yeah, Toys Toys Toys has a really bad habit of jacking their prices up regardless of which location you go to.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Revol posted:

LEGO Shop exclusive set: 10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van. 1332 pieces for $100 dollars, coming out October.

There are high-resolution Flickr photos. Looks pretty cool, the interior is really detailed. I see a few new pieces, beginning with the VW emblem on the front, which can't be a sticker because the logo is raised a bit.

This looks awesome, though I really want to buy it, gut it, and convert it into a drag bus.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

internetstuff posted:

Sorry I can't read the hundreds and hundreds of pages, but, I was wondering: Is there one agreed-upon "best value" set if what you want to do is get a bunch of regular bricks? Rather than minifigs, trees, etc?

I remember some years back there was one specific "bucket" for sale that was sort of agreed upon as the best thing to buy -- you got X number of 1x1, 2x2, 2x4, etc bricks for Y price. Is there such a set now?

https://www.bricklink.com

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Gravy Jones posted:

With regrds to the Friends line I agree with Shuppiluliumas on most of this stuff and they put it better than I possibly could so I won't bother trying.

I don't really have a problem with Friends, but on a more personal level, as a father of a four year old boy I have a far bigger problem with other more recent lines.

Over the Christmas period my son and I got a total of 5 sets between us. These sets has 14 male minifigures and 3 female minifigures. Of these one had no accessories and two had accesories revolving around the preperation of food. Atlantis has a single female diver out of seven. Alien conquest had one female soldier out of six. Dino has one out of about six or so. The licensed themes are just as bad, but that can't be blamed on Lego so much.

Even if Lego is seen as a boy's toy, whether or not that's right or wrong or good or bad I just wish there was a bigger female presence overall. My immediate issue as a parent is not so much the genderfication of toys (unfortunately I think the boat has sailed on that one) but how women are represented in the stuff the toys my son does choose to play with.

Lego is far, far from the worst offender here though. Some of this stuff just seems ridiculous to me at times and it frustrates the hell out of me. I shouldn't need to be telling him women can be brave and adventurous as well it should be self evident in what he watches and what he plays with.

What I have to wonder though, is if this was as much of an issue back when the minifig face was just :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Fooley posted:

That was in the back of my head but yeah, that's a very good point.

Lego Creator Roaring Roadsters 4896
Lego Creator Prehistoric Power set 4892
Lego Racers Enzo Ferrari 1:17 scale 8652
Lego Racers Ferrari 430 Spider 1:17 scale 8671
2 gallon bags of assorted lego parts and minifigures.

I know the Ferarri stuff holds its value pretty well, and creator sets are always awesome. At $40 for the above, I should jump all over this, yes?

I know that Lego's somewhat of a limited medium, but god drat those Racers Ferraris look like poo poo.