Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
I’ve got into Lego recently after my wife bought me the big R2D2 unit for Christmas. Getting the leg mechanisms working was frustrating as it was the first time I’ve built Lego since I was a kid and the instructions weren’t entirely clear to me, but once I figured out how it all went together it was ridiculously satisfying.

I’ve since completed a little London bus and the Walt Disney movie camera, am currently working on the kingfisher, and have the bonsai tree waiting for me. Hoping to get the Batman Returns set soon.

Has anyone built Chewbacca? It was on my wishlist but I read some reviews which said it was a bit dull because of the brownness. Not sure if I should risk it.

I had no idea Lego was this much fun. And I’m pretty sure my wife regrets her decision. 😄

Creature fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Ok now I’m tempted to do the same thing. The Fender’s probably no longer available though.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

The bonsai tree is very pretty for sure, but I think there ought to be a rule that the advertised piece count only includes pieces you actually build with. 878 pieces. 200 of them are studs which you mix and pour into the base lol

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

gschmidl posted:

Yeah, that's pretty weak.

fwiw I strongly recommend this MOC of the bonsai, which makes the trunk a lot more bonsai-like without needing any additional pieces.

Oh nice! I'm still partway through building it, so I might try this instead and see how it comes out. :)

I've been reading back issues of Bricks magazine this week and learned there was a really nice Batman 1989 Batmobile released back in 2019, but It's discontinued now. I guess it must have been a 30th anniversary thing. Are sets ever reissued? There's some on ebay but they're all over 300€.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

The current thread title is worryingly accurate. I’m currently unemployed so I have the time to build Lego, but at some point I’m going to have to reconsider my spending on these things.

I didn’t expect to get so into Lego like I have. Turns out it’s a lot of fun. poo poo.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

I feel like it must be a lot of fun for Lego designers to throw tiny details into your designs that you know will potentially only be seen briefly during the building process, but will bring a little smile to those who notice it.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Oops, accidentally bought the lion knights castle :D

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

I bought the Lion Knights castle via Lego.com because it's an exclusive, but everything else I've got from either Prisma or Verkkokauppa because their prices are so much better.

Now I have over 3,000 Lego points which I have no idea what to do with. lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Shaking lemur butt posted:

(Looking at you, Lion knights' castle. One day I will save enough money to get you :argh:)

Just do it. I’m 10 bags in and having an absolute blast.