Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
nice i didn't know there was a lego thread. i recently got back into building the speed champions sets as a way to waste time, but i started going overboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
im a speed champion

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

a sexual elk posted:

Hahahah this guy thinks that’s overboard hahahahahhahaahhahahhahahhHa

I kinda want to layout all my Star Wars instruction books, it’d probably cover my entire bedroom

i wish i liked star wars because it seems like they get the best sets

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
the new lego 2k driving game looks fun, but it also looks like they crammed micro transactions into every part they could. seems scummy for a kids game??

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Carbohydrates posted:

Welcome to the thread! I very much enjoy your Speed Champions display. I collect them too, and I've also spent years building my own:

You can see 'em here if you like:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomgion/

holy poo poo that's awesome, nice work

e: do you sell instructions for these at all?

Sunk Dunk fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 20, 2023

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Carbohydrates posted:

Yeah I am very bad at keeping my RB up to date (because it is a lot of work and I already work 2 jobs and blah blah, excuses) but many/most of them are there.

Yeah, that photo was actually taken during setup at that very show!

nice, if you remember, ping me when that tyrellp34 goes up, i like that build!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Is there any accurate way to tell if a set is selling poorly and therefore likely to go on sale?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Hmm dang, I’ve been waiting to grab the Porsche 911 and the mclaren f1 but maybe I’ll just do double vip

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I can’t wait until I have a kid and can buy all of these sets under the guise it’s for children and not a giant man baby

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Somehow every thread I follow goes into train discussions. Probably not a good sign

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Can’t imagine anything more lame than having any kind of emotional reaction to how someone builds a model train

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
When are they gonna show me the next speed champions I don’t care about marvel!!!!!!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Can I still get that on clearance or what

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
My man is going poggers in the thumbnail

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I’m on mobile so it’s annoying to post a pic but the leaked technic Audi looks like complete doo doo

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Whoa that ninja go set is almost 400 bones

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
This thread is about to get me into trains

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Do you guys ever take apart and rebuild? I hosed up part of the Simpsons house and half the roof fell off. I was thinking about taking it apart and rebuilding but kinda worried I might have lost a piece here or there

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Zwille posted:

That modular street under the tv rules, wish I could do that. Must be a pain to dust, tho?

no one that buys lego also dusts

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i just pulled my old childhood lego collection out of my parent's garage. i had a very lame (and filthy) collection of bricks. im pretty sure this was just all hand me down poo poo from garage sales

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co4rRptTdQI

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
the tranquil garden looks pretty cool. would go well with himeji castle if that ever comes out

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
what do you guys typically do with VIP points? use em for discounts?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
speaking of cars, does anyone know how often they release speed champions sets? from looking at the previous releases, it looks like every ~6 months or so (not counting the one off fast and furious releases).

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
anyone know if there's gonna be any new GWP when 2x VIP points start?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

a sexual elk posted:

Last 2 posts are why I hate this thread

Ok

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Habibi posted:

Why does this train have a Star Wars level markup? Crazy that a set like this breaks down to >10¢/pp.

they know adult train guys will pay any price

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I built the new land rover classic defender. It's a cool little build, but I'm not used to the tiny cars after building the new speed champions.

built:

next to the newer speed champs bronco

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i was gonna grab the mustang on double points but it looks like other people had the same idea cuz it's on backorder

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

There’s a 2023 retirement list?

https://old.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/13xqxia/every_retiring_lego_set_june_2023_update/

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
lego arent for kids to play with, it's for fat 40 year olds to put on their shelf so otherp eople know they like marvel

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Carbohydrates posted:

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/series-2/main.page

BDP Series 2, time to judge things! I don't have a dog in this fight since I opted not to resubmit my build, so I can be a bit more objective when I don't view anything as competition, lol.

curious why too many pieces is a bad thing. i like pieces

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Ah I see, makes sense, thanks

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
that looks like a nice companion set to pirates of barracuda bay

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

HootTheOwl posted:

Make a wish and it will close right up

that's good!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
bring back the simpsons sets

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
why don't they make the sails out of bricks???????

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Carbohydrates posted:

This one did it better tbh but it's not an official LEGO design.

Anyway, I unveiled the LEGO ball gag at this month's LEGO meeting and I'm told our president turned completely beet red. Probably doesn't help that it came, like, 5 minutes after he told some other folks to remember to keep their conversation family friendly. Anyway, our new monthly theme is "plants" so here's my family-friendly build for this one, a lovely vase:

instructions or riot

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

hell yes! (it's private though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Carbohydrates posted:

Fixed sorry!

<333333333333