Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Nettle Soup posted:

Is this guy the Gunner?

finally, the famous Gunner's Krigg enters the fray...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
Could be the guy that refused to join the Jeanne plot?

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=654

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
This looks like a long time ago obviously. Was the court worried about Omega dying, so they transferred her soul into a robot or computer? And they had regular missions (Tony's trip) to ensure that computer was still accurate?

And now, not only has Omega potentially been transferred back into a body, but it's a body with autonomy in a world where Kat/Annie have made things exciting and unpredictable to her.

I do feel she is tied to Zimmy in some way beyond the death prediction.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Any ideas who the guy is?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

isasphere posted:

Could be the guy that refused to join the Jeanne plot?

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=654

"14 Dec 2009 | 12:00 AM"

loving christ

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
It's best not to contemplate the horror of time.

Oh no, I just noticed the Zimmy-esque eye gunk on this current woman.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is it eye gunk or just bags under her eyes combined with the sepia tone?

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

catapede posted:

This looks like a long time ago obviously. Was the court worried about Omega dying, so they transferred her soul into a robot or computer? And they had regular missions (Tony's trip) to ensure that computer was still accurate?

And now, not only has Omega potentially been transferred back into a body, but it's a body with autonomy in a world where Kat/Annie have made things exciting and unpredictable to her.

I do feel she is tied to Zimmy in some way beyond the death prediction.

That sounds pretty cool!

Moskau
Feb 17, 2011

HEY GUYS DON'T YOU LOVE ANIME?! I LOVE ANIME SO MUCH ESPECIALLY ALL THE PANTY SHOTS AND FAN SERVICE AND MOE MOE MOE! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH!
Everything else aside, these last few pages have been really pretty. Tom can still draw a really cool page when he puts his best foot forward.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Twenty Four posted:

That sounds pretty cool!

yeah, it'll be real cool when after 3 months of this flashback and how she got here it'll cut back to Annie going "oh, Omega..." and then we'll never see her again

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Yeah, I think it's safe to assume she's directly related to Zimmy. I don't think we've seen too many humans with those red eyes.

The actual pacing seems to be much better in the past few pages (say what you will about the way Robot and the Cult's reveal were handled, at least it wasn't meandering and tripping over itself), so I wonder if the weird pacing in the Zimmy-Loup-Coyote-verse was just Tom knowing he wanted to get from point A to point C, but had no idea where to go when it came to point B.

Randalor fucked around with this message at 12:00 on May 3, 2024

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Yeah so far this has been well drawn, written, and intriguing. It's dampened by the knowledge of everything before it - that is to say, it's a bit "okay, when is the shoe of something horribly disappointing and tedious going to drop" - but it's definitely giving vibes of something he's had in mind and polished for a long time.

My current theory is that Omega is a woman who, due to some unknown anomaly, is constantly beset with visions of the future but they are debilitating and/or constant to the point of being barely able to move, projecting her consciousness into other things via the ether in order to speak. Something you might call a prophet. Something not too far from Zimmy without a Gamma, in that she's constantly haunted and hosed up with no reprieve.

They take her to the Court, alleviate this pressure through experiments, which is why she's seen here able to speak and move and open her eyes a bit. The court, of course, figures out how to harness her powers for predictions. At some point she gives birth to a child named Zeta (Zimmy) with different powers.

The court also perhaps keeps her trapped in its walls forcing her to make predictions for them and increasingly refines this process. Or maybe it's voluntary? Who knows but she sure seemed happy to be bouncing around and free. One way or another she is the "omega device".

It's notable that this seems to be happening centuries ago, but Zimmy has been shown to not really be aging next to Gamma. So, maybe Omega is still alive from this time period as a result of her anomalous properties. Or maybe they GlaDOS'd her or otherwise extended her life artificially.

It would just be extremely funny and on brand for the court to have a sophisticated Device capable of hyper specific predictions and everyone assumes it's this all powerful machine they're using to transcend humanity but it's actually just a loving old fortune teller lady

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm going to guess either she's eternally long-lived, or the court pulled a "Brain in a jar" on her after she died to keep using her prediction powers, and when the Court decided to bail, they left her behind because she would be useless without the ether. Either Zimmy's a direct descendent of hers, or the Court started experimenting with cloning her when the Tictoc birds appeared and her powers started to "fail" (and it turns out that her powers always worked, but she figured out a way to get her freedom and be rid of the Court by playing the long-con).

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
Yeah, we know that the Court made artificial bodies, right, they just needed a soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
at some point in the distant past the court took in omega, the person

they turned her into a robot so she could keep serving the court after her human body passed away

then more recently kat turned her into a numan, which explains why she can talk now when her original form was nonvocal