Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

What I wanna know about Eiyuden is which one of us is gonna remember the DLC exists and then play it when it comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Barudak posted:

What I wanna know about Eiyuden is which one of us is gonna remember the DLC exists and then play it when it comes out
none of the DLC sounds all that interesting anyway, it's all about answering questions no one asked and also already is talked about by the characters in retrospect. it's another example of the writers not knowing what makes for compelling storytelling

i'd rather they spent time fixing their broken and buggy combat system, and adding more scenes/story with Dux into the main game

those expansions come out in Q4, and SMTVV, Elden Ring DLC, Dawntrail, Trails Through Daybreak, ReFantazio, Visions of Mana, and Ys X will all be available by then.

and also hopefully GUNS UNDARKNESS

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 6, 2024

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

feels like eiyuden would have been better off if they'd stuck with cj/garoo/isha

The characters so far seem pretty decent imo (still pretty early though).

Like if Rising was showing anything for Eiyuden proper it’s that the writers can put together a fun and goofy if sorta by the numbers rpg party.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

The 7th Guest posted:

those expansions come out in Q4, and SMTVV, Elden Ring DLC, Dawntrail, Trails Through Daybreak, ReFantazio, Visions of Mana, and Ys X will all be available by then. ]

Oh poo poo I forgot about Ys X, I'm really looking forward to that after loving 8/9 last year.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

The 7th Guest posted:

none of the DLC sounds all that interesting anyway, it's all about answering questions no one asked and also already is talked about by the characters in retrospect. it's another example of the writers not knowing what makes for compelling storytelling

I'm personally very annoyed that the plebian rubes voted for the Markus story for DLC 3 when there was a whole story starring Dr. Corque, the best (not in terms of gameplay) character in the game right there. I mean I guess Markus is the second-best option but I wanna know what they had planned for for the "gently caress around at the castle for twelve hours" gang.

The other two seem to be a good move, in my opinion, as they seem to flesh out important events that should have happened onscreen in the game to begin with. Seign's story seems to cover his mission to rescue the emperor's son, while Marisa's covers her and Leene discovering Nil in the Runebarrows. Of course, the downside of both those DLCs is that we're probably gonna be stuck with dogshit characters in both of them (I mean, fingers crossed that Wayve is usable for Marisa's story so we'll have a whole two decent characters, but Seign's DLC is gonna be rough).

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
one thing to consider is that eiyuden rising was written by tadashi satomi, the persona 2/digital devil saga/caligula effect guy. i'm not sure how involved he was with eiyuden proper but it seems like rising was his thing

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

the precise moment troubleshooter won me over

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Its truly iconic

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Barudak posted:

When Forspoken finally shuts up and gives you a real combat toolset its got the bones to be fun. I like painting my nails for power, I enjoy dodge comboing enemies, the item finder skill is a huge radius, the progression system is interesting.

I just hate every gol dang ding dong time Frey or Vambrace* or anyone else talks.

*I really really hate the running "joke" that carries into tutorials and menus of Frey just will not call it by its preferred name because.... shes an rear end in a top hat? Theres no reason shes just an rear end in a top hat about this. Stop calling it Cuff

See this is what gets me, there's a skeleton of a good game in it, but then it got buried beneath the molten mantle of the earth

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

the localization for troubleshooter could use some work but otoh the writing has kinda owned? embracing the camp has been refreshing

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I love Troubleshooter's story. If you already like the writing you are probably going to really enjoy it deeper in because while I think its charming from the start, its def something they really found their footing on as time goes.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

does the focus shift from the boring afbus to Hero Irene?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
No, it shifts to a bunch of people you've never heard of, but they're cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Clarste posted:

No, it shifts to a bunch of people you've never heard of, but they're cool.

okay I’ll accept this