Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I had to uninstall Conelrad after a while because Get That Communist, Joe is somehow even more annoying to my ear than Johnny Guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What's the one that added most of the songs that were used as quest titles?

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Gun nuts should probably be excit d that New Vegas Animation Overhaul is now a thing

https://youtu.be/bDURz-QYUj4

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Good to see that PerkSawyer is following the tradition of slapping Sawyer's name on an unrelated mod and stuffing it to the brim with completely nonsensical and unnecessary changes.

Nerfing everything good is bad enough, but then the mod adds a CHA 4 requirement to being gay!

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I need to soft retract my previous statement on the game's music being "fine" because when looking over the radio stations for the first time I overlooked Mojave Music Radio and forgot it existed. Most of the bangers I fondly remember falling in love with on XBOX 360 thirty years ago came from there.

Arbite posted:

I have it below 'Imposters and LOD flicker fix' from Viva New Vegas on the left. Also I don't remember if Stash came in three files but it should result in four .esp files.

Thanks. I'm going to give it a try and report back later.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

BurritoJustice posted:

Good to see that PerkSawyer is following the tradition of slapping Sawyer's name on an unrelated mod and stuffing it to the brim with completely nonsensical and unnecessary changes.

Nerfing everything good is bad enough, but then the mod adds a CHA 4 requirement to being gay!

Please download my mod SawyerAfterDark, a collection of adult themed add-ons in the spirit of what the mythical figure only known as Sawyer ACTUALLY intended for the hardcore gamer before the woke censors got their grubby hands all over the game.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Gonna make a mod called TrueSawyer and it's just a garage with 40 bicycles on repair stands

Fallout 4 style power armor but it's bicycles and tiny cars with mounted weapons

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I dont think the engine could handle that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Garrand posted:

Gonna make a mod called TrueSawyer and it's just a garage with 40 bicycles on repair stands

Fallout 4 style power armor but it's bicycles and tiny cars with mounted weapons

Will the bicycles also be powered by tiny explosions?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

BurritoJustice posted:

Fallout: New Vegas - a CHA 4 requirement to being gay (Modding Thread)

Anyhow, with all this talk of radio stations, I'd like to plug SimpleStation again, which lets you have custom pipboy radio stations.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

BurritoJustice posted:

Those perks aren’t what make you straight or gay, they make you really good at flirting with people to get info/free poo poo out of them. Like you can still gently caress Red Lucy without Cherchez le Femme, or buy a night with Old Ben without Confirmed Bachelor, that's entirely how you play your Courier.

I really don’t get why everyone seems to be so offended the idea of a CHA requirement for those perks. It’s all about getting flirty with people of the opposite/same sex, and actually almost makes CHA not entirely useless.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 3, 2024

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
We gotta mod the game into the pentiment system.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Will the bicycles also be powered by tiny explosions?

The earliest sprint mods for FNV being powered by explosions remains a cherished memory.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Arbite posted:

I have it below 'Imposters and LOD flicker fix' from Viva New Vegas on the left. Also I don't remember if Stash came in three files but it should result in four .esp files.

So, I don't know if it installed correctly. Right now after everything my folders look like this:

EDIT: loving nailed it. Thanks so much.

Old Doggy Bastard fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 3, 2024

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Those perks aren’t what make you straight or gay, they make you really good at flirting with people to get info/free poo poo out of them. Like you can still gently caress Red Lucy without Cherchez le Femme, or buy a night with Old Ben without Confirmed Bachelor, that's entirely how you play your Courier.

I really don’t get why everyone seems to be so offended the idea of a CHA requirement for those perks. It’s all about getting flirty with people of the opposite/same sex, and actually almost makes CHA not entirely useless.

I get why the mod makes that change, CHA is useless so there needs to be a reason to increase it (and dialog checks that let you skip a lot of conflict is a decent reason). The gay CHA requirement thing is just funny, I think the mod sucks on top of that.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

What's the one that added most of the songs that were used as quest titles?

Secret stash.

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

So, I don't know if it installed correctly. Right now after everything my folders look like this:

EDIT: loving nailed it. Thanks so much.

You're welcome, glad it works!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

BurritoJustice posted:

I get why the mod makes that change, CHA is useless so there needs to be a reason to increase it (and dialog checks that let you skip a lot of conflict is a decent reason). The gay CHA requirement thing is just funny, I think the mod sucks on top of that.

You gotta have some charisma to be a cool bro hanging out with other cool bros, nothing sexual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

RangerKarl posted:

Gun nuts should probably be excit d that New Vegas Animation Overhaul is now a thing

https://youtu.be/bDURz-QYUj4

Very cool, been waiting on this. Next time I'm in the mood for some New Vegas, I'll have to see how nicely it plays with VNV which I know already does its own stuff with the vanilla weapon animations and meshes.

steinrokkan posted:

You gotta have some charisma to be a cool bro hanging out with other cool bros, nothing sexual

Why Do All These Confirmed Bachelors Keep Sucking My Cock?