Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

The link in the OP is broken, but I assume Viva New Vegas is still the solid choice for someone who has never done modding like this before?

https://vivanewvegas.moddinglinked.com/intro.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Once I'm done with the long task of getting this setup and have successfully run the game I'll ask for any specific suggestions of people's favorite mods to upgrade things from acceptable to awesome (but not drastically changed).

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Arbite posted:

Mr. New Vegas' Secret Stash.

Thank God. One of the first things I noticed after being pleasantly surprised how nice the game looked and ran was how New Vegas' radio station really sorta sucks compared to Fallout 4.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I managed to find Mr. New Vegas' Secret Stash, but I have no idea how to install this into my Viva New Vegas setup and don't even know where to start.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

It should be packaged in a way that you should be able to add it to MO2 via the menu buttons at the top. As long as everything is in the right folder it should work

Okay, so I managed to get the three files ( neat, the first one only opens if all three are in the same folder ) and am reading the ReadMe.txt right now. So, downloading Extended New Vegas Radio Generator seems to be a prerequisite but that should be easy. My main question is where Extended New Vegas Radio Generator and Secret Stash will go in my MOD2 loadout.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I need to soft retract my previous statement on the game's music being "fine" because when looking over the radio stations for the first time I overlooked Mojave Music Radio and forgot it existed. Most of the bangers I fondly remember falling in love with on XBOX 360 thirty years ago came from there.

Arbite posted:

I have it below 'Imposters and LOD flicker fix' from Viva New Vegas on the left. Also I don't remember if Stash came in three files but it should result in four .esp files.

Thanks. I'm going to give it a try and report back later.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Arbite posted:

I have it below 'Imposters and LOD flicker fix' from Viva New Vegas on the left. Also I don't remember if Stash came in three files but it should result in four .esp files.

So, I don't know if it installed correctly. Right now after everything my folders look like this:

EDIT: loving nailed it. Thanks so much.

Old Doggy Bastard fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

God, it took two or three hours to install all the mods, but it was so loving worth it. I'm really in awe at how well this game has held up and also that it was developed in such a short timeframe (though modders gave had a decade to refine vanilla). So, let me thank all the Goons who helped me and helped other Goons in the past with these guides.

It's also kinda amazing how unimpressive it makes Starfield look. Total lmao moment.