Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Better than the 'most ordinary boy in school' leads that litter most male-targeted romances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Then maybe you can explain how I'm supposed to enjoy the story if the main character has a trait that I don't.
Uh, maybe take a chance on something outside of your limited perspective and perhaps your innate empathy would allow you to reach an understanding of that kind of character somewhere in the middle. I have no idea whether or not you were being sarcastic.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Davincie posted:

is this in Kakukaku Shikajika ? i don't remember it
It's a bonus manga from the end of Volume 13 of Kuragehime.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Penultimate(!) chapter of Taiyou no Ie

Finally.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I think my default response to a shoujo heroine is 'oh she seems cute and charming' while my default response to a shonen romcom mc is 'who the gently caress should give a poo poo about this guy'

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Everything Burrito posted:

whoaaahhh Sensei Lock-On went full creepy with that "reversal" extra :stonk:
i'ma pretend i didn't read that since the series is so nice otherwise

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
i used to say tomo was like garfield, but now i think it's the 4-koma equivalent of skub

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
And another chapter to end volume 1!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
It's the converse, actually

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MonsieurChoc posted:

There was also Papa Haydn as everyone's mentor and Paganini who made all the ladies swoon. Are they in this?

Edit: I'm dumb, Paganini wasn't a composer. Haydn's in it though! As a kid?
Paganini was definitely a composer, he's just much more well-known as a violin virtuoso

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ytlaya posted:

Holy poo poo, he spoke.
*again

Mirage posted:

Not only that, he threw shade.
Kuzumi has had enough of her tsundere schtick

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Ytlaya posted:

When was the first time? I thought this was the first time.
After the karaoke party, real early in the series.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Not surprised, among the American manga fanbase that reads scans, Kaguya is probably as popular as anything WSJ puts out.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Looking through mangaupdates, the scanlators are currently at volume 8 out of 10 total, and the sequel series is now two volumes in.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

coathat posted:

Volume 2 of Our Precious Conversations is extremely good. Buy it immediately
and it was!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

:negative:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
New

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Also for new josei, someone in the discord tipped me off to this one and it's great - Uramichi Oniisan
Bitter adults working on a kids' tv show :allears:
Working link: http://merakiscans.com/uramichi-oniisan/1/

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Maybe old news, but I caught up with the Tsuredures and god drat it

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Any particular highlights on this shoujo manga list, I think the only one I've been following is Palace Meidi.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
good

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I find it refreshing that Aizawa won't back down whenever Azuma espouses some disagreeable opinion even though she's over the moon for him; she wants him to accept her love but only on her terms. They're both narrow-minded in some ways because they're still a couple of stupid teenagers but their earnest interactions with the opposite sex are gradually expanding their worldviews.

The patter is what makes this series, especially when the cast expands.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Recent updates for dramaless het series: Otaku Fujo high school 4-koma, middle school romcom with the reptiles, and 100-yen Game with the office workers

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Captain Invictus posted:

Basically, my shortlist shitlist is so far three series: usagi drop, spotted flowers, and fuuka
a.k.a. the schadenfreude recommendation list

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Mirage posted:

You people quit picking on Yuiga Nariyuki.
Gonna be real curious about the results of the character poll on the US Jump site rn

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Didn't seem like much of a stretch

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I'm not sure there's a sweeter, more conflict-free manga out there

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
STEM turbo nerd romance got two updates

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

I've been catching up on Our Precious Conversations today and it's so good :allears:

imo this is how a rom-com should be done -- even though there's a general status quo that it maintains (the conversations and the MCs being at an impasse as far as liking each other and dating) it never feels like there's no forward progress or that it's spinning its wheels. Part of this is probably how every time they get a little bit closer, their primary locations for meeting to chat also change. Each location is like a plot arc with new conflicts, new interactions with the side characters, and new stuff for the MCs to get all flustered and overthink about so it doesn't get stale. The side characters are all interesting and fully-realized as well, so diverting to them is fun and doesn't feel like it's taking time away from the mains. I also really love the meta-commentary about manga that pops up from time to time. Robico really knows what she's doing w/this one lol

you can get caught up to the current chapters that are on CR at kissmanga in case that gap is stopping you from reading it
anime when

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Machida-kun is finally turning into a romance :3:
It's the final volume, that's why

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

DisDisDis posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_end_for_you#1

didn't think this would deliver but it sure did lmao
lol

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
It's harem comedy, but it takes a while to reach that point with some twists here & there, and the drama can get harsh in a variety of ways. The protagonist gets compared a lot to Hachiman from Oregairu, but the writing is not as intensive or vague, and the character himself is less of a dipshit.

So, tl;dr, yeah read through the first few chapters to see if it's your kind of thing.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the wn is real good, but nothing particularly dramatic ever happens. it's slow-paced and chill and very domestic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i3zrzyLOCw

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Tarezax posted:

Tsurezure is criminally cute. Sad it's ending soon.
I was surprised to find out it and Hoshino were going to end in the same magazine issue

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
very #onbrand

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Sounds like good old-fashioned sitcom humor for the normies!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Dang, I had no idea Wotakoi was that popular, even with the relatively crummy anime (which ultimately did what it needed to do, I'll admit):

Jan 29-Feb 4

July 30-Aug 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
That was a brutal-rear end chapter.