Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
After reading all available chapters of Sono Bisque Doll and Artisan's Bride (Cuprum Bride?), artisan + gyaru seems like a pretty winning combination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
New chapters of Cuprum no Hanayome dropped on MangaDex, though I think they've been available in other sites for a while. Still, read Cuprum if you like engaged couple shenanigans and/or coppersmithing

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Julias posted:

Even though the art is more on the amateurish side, I like the basic set up. It just depends where the story goes from here as to whether it'll be worth keeping up with or not. And yeah, the biggest weakness for me is that Tani-kun's Character design is so bland.

I think the art style goes really well with the tone, actually. It's a great fit for all the goofy reactions.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Finally caught up with Skip and Loafer. It's extremely good and I hope the anime adaptation does it justice. Latest chapter got me simultaneously feeling :3: and :ohdear:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
New Polar Opposites just dropped.

By my estimations we are 15 volumes and two tournament arcs away from the Gapacho reveal, and I for one am happy to wait!!!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Speaking of one-note, just saw the first ep of Ice Guy and Cool Colleague and I guess it's pretty cute but they should have kept it as shorts. It doesn't hold up well as 5 bite-sized bits strung together into an episode, especially when half of them are the same thing.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Not entirely sure of what it's based on, sounds like Blameserker! with a side of Innocent

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

SexyBlindfold posted:

Speaking of one-note, just saw the first ep of Ice Guy and Cool Colleague and I guess it's pretty cute but they should have kept it as shorts. It doesn't hold up well as 5 bite-sized bits strung together into an episode, especially when half of them are the same thing.

Gave this one the 3-episode test and it does get better. Wouldn't call it outstanding in its field, but with improved pacing it's fairly decent fluff. Romcoms with adult characters are already in short supply, so I think I'll stick with this one.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
:allears: I love these dorks

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
New Smoking Behind the Supermarket

evergreen reaction:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

bengraven posted:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I’m coming back to SA after a long time away and in that time I’ve become addicted to romance, rom-coms, and especially yuri poo poo.

Anyone else reading The Guy She Was Interested in Is Not Actually a Guy?

Goddamn that’s some cleansing poo poo every Sunday every morning.

Not Actually A Guy has a really striking artstyle and that's still the main reason I follow it - another reason used to be that it seemed refreshingly straightforward compared to the standard romance fare (yuri in particular) but lately it does seem like it's been leaning too hard on the will-they-won't-they dynamic that you'd expect they would have solved by now. Then again, it might just be the impression one gets from following the story update by update rather than taking it in all at once - the manga really hasn't been going on for that long and the episodes are pretty short, so I don't think there's been enough of it yet to call it slow-paced.

e: Not Actually A Guy is also sometimes covered in the LGBT thread along with other yuri highlights, if you're interested.

SexyBlindfold fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 19, 2023

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
Caught up with Telework (more like TeleDORKS amirite)

it is, imo, a good manga, imo

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Megamissen posted:

you and i are polar opposites chapter 26, field trip part 2

nishi and yamada focus this chapter, honda is great aswell

e: i should check that i dont mess up the link before i continue cleaning

absolutely loving ruthless :allears:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
i've heard it might even be... da best
i should probably get around to reading it huh

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
New chapters for Restaurant of the Useless Lesbians Awkward People dropped. You know what that means:

Been hesitant to bring up this one here (or in the LGBT thread) since technically it's still subtext, but it seems we've reached the point where at least other people realize that, my god, these bitches gay.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
This manga's strongest asset is its unmatched charm.

This manga's second strongest asset is Taira's perpetual suffering.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
legit one of the hidden gems currently in publication. i'm always like "ok i'm DONE with the high school stories. only ADULT stories with ADULTS who PAY TAXES from now on" and then immediately get blindsided by a high school manga that knocks it out of the loving park. first it was Skip and Loafer, then it was Insomniacs (should probably catch up on that one since i ain't getting hidive anytime soon) then it was polar opposites. love those loving dorks, love the writing, love the art style, love Gapacho

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

kidcoelacanth posted:

anyway this cropped up on plus today, seems cute https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100245

just inject all the craftsmanship manga (any genre) directly into my veins

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
if there's one thing i've learned from watching the youtube videos of that Chicago guy who yells at plants it's that members of the same genus can look nothing alike at all

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Politely requesting manga to fill the gap left by Ikoku Nikki

The City of Deep-Red Pomegranates only has a few chapters on scans, but it has a very similar vibe. Hell, the basic premise can be summed up as "what if Ikoku Nikki but the kid gets yeeted to Spain".

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
let's loving gooooo

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

me when

me when you and i are polar opposites chapter 36

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Megamissen posted:

you and i are polar opposites chapter 44, a plan in shambles
wow nishi did it...

also they have made it so that you have to install the app to read most of the older chapters now

Gapacho the mastermind pulling threads from the shadows yet again

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

Haystack posted:

Oh boy oh boy, I sure hope that the main characters continue not talking to each other and brood a lot, that certainly helps me appreciate cosplay more.

it's fine though, marin made up her mind yesterday* that she was going to confess to gojo any minute now

*last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
meanwhile in you and i are polar opposites, dorks hang out

something about taira gazing down at the bottomless pit in his soul and azuma being like "uh dude my eyes are up here" perfectly encapsulates their relationship