Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Julias posted:

Ch 3 and 4 of You and I are Polar Opposites are out. Definitely warming up to the art and vibe of the class dynamic.

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013700

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013701

This manga is very cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Chapter 11 of Polar Opposites is out, and grandma is incredibly powerful

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013829

I don't think we've met a character in Polar Opposites who doesn't have an extensive powerful aura tbph

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

I'm going to summarize my understanding of the most recent chapter of "My Dress-up Darling" and the drama that led up to this chapter

And then Akira's goes full loving dere and I'm happy for her and Marin.

Honestly this has made the whole confusing nun costume arc worthwhile.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Megamissen posted:

there is also a new chapter for bisque doll but there are two translations and i dont know which one is better

Yeah I keep changing my mind on this so I find I'm reading both, I kind of feel like I need an objective opinion from someone who has read the originals.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Scanlator drama is inevitable and eternal.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Haystack posted:

Did Potteto miss the entire joke about battle underwear on pg 18, or did Tonikaku add one?

Yeah I'm interested because I definitely feel like Tonikaku's translation flows better as dialogue.

E: breaking news: ANOTHER ROMANCE HAS HIT THE SUPERMARKET SMOKING AREA

a pipe smoking dog fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 13, 2023

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Space Flower posted:

i think at some point we can move on from the two scan groups thing, preferably before it leads to any takes worse than that

Yeah I agree I don't want to read any bad takes such as "scanlators not getting sniped is a human right"

On topic the manga that Gojo and Marin are obsessed with sounds really dumb, but in a way that serms appropriate for a couple of teens to get too invested in. And also Murakami is a good friend.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

the_seventh_cohort posted:

I started reading Ikoku Nikki almost entirely based on people in this thread talking about it, and it's just as good as everyone says.

Same. It's wonderful.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I still think there is risk for fake out and she panicked and kissed a random dude.

Also exciting times in Nagatoro where they seem to have taken the somewhat radical step of admitting they are dating without bothering to get to the confession

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Yeah it's clearly ending soon.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Megamissen posted:

i checked out douki-chan and the first chapters was the kinda garbage you find in the "Popular New Titles" thing at the top of mangadex, but i also looked at a random chapter further on and the style had completely shifted

is there a chapter you can skip to and not miss anything important
did a more thorough check of the newer stuff and its still garbage, not as bad as the first chapters but i still hated it

Call me a racoon because I love garbage.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Terper posted:

I'm just glad the recent arc is over holy moly that was a slog.

You mean the nuns?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

The volume bonus chapter for Telework Yotobanashi has been translated

finding out that Natsu is based on a seductive folkloric creature makes so much sense. Really wish there was more of these two sometime down the line.

Oh cool! It's a really great story and I think the first thing I've seen that really utilises the pandemic well as a plot driver. I feel like most media is just trying to memory hole it as a traumatic event we don't want to address.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Aw, Ikoku Nikki ended. :(

I figured it was going to end once it caught up to the prologue.

The poem was beautiful.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Oh so Gojo is going to burn himself out making a cloak and Marin will blame herself and decide not to ask him out for another 100 chapters I guess.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Haystack posted:

365 Days to the Wedding wrapped up. It was adorable from start to finish. Loved seeing those two dorks working things out.

I just enjoyed how it seemed to constantly lower the stakes.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Ugh didn't realise this was another of those Viz translations. I'm going to guess this means it won't get scanlated and I'll have literally no way of reading the final chapters.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

the viz stuff is like two bucks a month for their entire library, of all the other complicated pricing structures out there it's easily the most reasonable

Hey if they would let me pay for it I would, but they won't.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Blooming Love chapter 10 just dropped and they already confessed and held hands! Also dragged drunk grandad back from the pub

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Link to the chapter
Marin hasn't really turned on the charm for the whole thing to come together.

Yeah I was just like "oh it's a corset with some paper mache ribs stuck to it"

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Gojo needs to figure out that he should kiss Marin

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I still haven't found a way to read the final chapters in my country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Spookydonut posted:

After 6 months the sono bisque doll circle shoot has come to an end

Now that that's over I hope they all dress up as identical nuns for a year again.