Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I remembered that Kuragehime exists and found 20 chapters waiting for me, score one for poor memory. (Also read Kuragehime, it's a thing that is good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

quote:

Kuragehime 72
God drat it Tsukimi don't let that bad boy from Signapore get fresh with you, and GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME BIG BRO!

...I should probably just give up and start watching jdramas.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just caught up in Kakukaku Shikajika.

You know from chapter one that it's gotta be coming, but gently caress, I actually cried when she finally dropped the bomb. And there's no way she's going to go back and help him either, else this series probably wouldn't exist :negative:

Between this and Kuragehime Hayashi/Higashimura kind of became a favorite author of mine out of nowhere.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Alder posted:

@Kuragehime:

You should read Kakukaku Shikajika. EVERYONE should read Kakukaku Shikajika!

e: As for Kuragehime itself, the kids zone. These idiots treat Tsukimi so badly!

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 28, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I dunno that pretty much describes the last 20 years minimum for any given Goon, 70 chapters isn't so bad.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I remember once reading one about a level 1 heroine doted on by a level 99 demon lord. His lieutenant tried to use their secret weapon to start a coup but it turned out the lord secretly redesigned it into a giant, SD version of the heroine.

It was really dumb.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

quote:

unprecedented in the history of Europe

By what possible logic does someone reach this conclusion?

E: the translation is stiff and the art is butt ugly

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 21, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

They traditionally preferred foreigners for kings. They'd protect the country for their crown but would theoretically have no stake in the local power politics as an actual Pole would have by default.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yes we can

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Raised my hopes, dashed them most expertly etc etc

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

She's going to draw more dumb nerds obsessing over fashion and I can't wait

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Something Happened But I Can't Remember What by Akira Toriyama

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

All I remember about Kashimashi is that there's an alien, a ship girl, and that apparently lesbianism is tied to being faceblind.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nondevor posted:

Translators need to up their game.

e:

Sengoku is the best. Fuji is also a pretty cool guy!
What is this

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"I'm going to be a wife like Fuji-kun when I grow up! "

This series :allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man Honey Boy is fun but I could do without the 1/1 homophobia joke to chapter ratio.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What

How

What loose ends are there to even continue from?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That is one hell of a translation.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just finished binging the Yona anime and started reading the manga.

Yona is very good, and so is Yona. If she ends up forgiving her cousin that'd be lame though.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 24, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Compendium posted:

Lili is great.

Yes.

Oh hey, I was right about Zeno. Also lol the original Green is just straight up Lancer.

E: caught up

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 25, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

She is going to kill him.

I hope so.

Right now he seems poised to become Korean Delita.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

my life for yona

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Zeno's intro makes perfect sense once you find out what his deal is.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I can't wait for Yona to destroy the fortress with her bare hands

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

play Analogue and Hate Plus

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Speaking of series that have fallen off the face of the planet, Mizutama Honey Boy. :negative:

not a great loss tbh

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baron Snow posted:

Yona 114. Still the hole to chapter 117 taunts me.

just read it, it's all good

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

same tbh

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Everything Burrito posted:

I wish the article I saw on it had said what they found so offensive about it, because I'm really curious what got them all stirred up over it.

presumably the notion of househusbands being a thing set them off, because Nerds are awful

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm feeling like the series is being restricted a little bit by being shojo(I'm at about the point where they're about to look for the second dragon duder) in that while there's violence, it's very..."safe" violence, and I've not seen anyone just getting merc'd by anyone "onscreen"

Haaaaaah well about that

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blue. There's no red unless you count Yona/Hiryu.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Shoujo Griffith isn't all bad. Or even mostly bad. But you can't forgive him because he's Shoujo Griffith.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

When he just started beating the absolute poo poo out of both soo-won's guards and his own friends, rather than just a HOLD ME BACK SON, HOLD ME BACK type moment, it really gave a lot of strong context to the depth of his hatred and fury.

The chapter name is quite good here!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I see Princess Jellyfish in that list but not Kakukaku Shikajika!?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Read Yona after you've read Kakukaku because you will need cool and funny things to piece your soul back together after Kakukaku destroys you

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Speaking of dropped romcoms, did Mizutama Honey Boy ever stop the One Gay Panic Joke Per Chapter gimmick?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

what is it actually called

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I saw a bunch of new posts and thought a new Yona dropped or something gently caress all y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm working through Tomo-chan, and the dramatic rise and fall involved in the MisuzuxJun flashback nearly defeated me

e: yowza