Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
A Galaxy next door is very cute. It and Yamada-Kun at l999 really brightening up my viewing this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I caught up on bisque doll from where the anime ended and I have two thoughts:

A) Just kiss that boy already he's not gonna understand until then, Marin.

B) I love how deep they'll get into these bits of media the characters are so into. There was a 30 pages stretch of nothing but lore and art and pages from "Mandate of Heaven" with talk about the author and the artistic choices the mangaka made all really thought out and bringing out some new bit of characterization for Marin and Gojo and crew as they talk about it.

And it gives me panels like this so I can pretend this is all a secret SMT manga:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I really liked the horror game arc.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yamado-Kun was really good this week. Guy's got a lot more charm than expected.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ToxicFrog posted:

That answers the question, but makes me more confused about why it needs to be specified in the title.

Between this, Bakarina, and I Favour the Villainess I've got three instances of this concept I find really appealing and none of them are finished. :negative:

What are some good ones that are actually completed?

The anime for I am The Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss hits what feels like a definite ending and I remember enjoying it a fair bit the week where I watched it while home sick. Don't know about the manga though.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Need more anime dads in romcoms like this one and the Kaguya dad.

Not her dad but Daddy dad.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Also like Kyousuke from Horimiya. Dude's a riot.

He's where the main girl gets being a freak goblin from and it's great.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

One thing that always gets me about Insomniacs is that like

It’s not actually surprising at all that she’s made it to 18? The procedure for her health condition is relatively new and we don’t actually know what the upper limit of lifespan it affords is, but we know it’s at least 40-50ish. That’s where the earliest candidates for the procedure are chugging along right now as we speak.

This is definitely me being a little nitpicky tho. Still love the series and was expecting the ending to devastate me

This is the absolute most pointdexter rear end poo poo to see a girl with a potentially fatal medical issue confess her fear of death and how she has been struggling with living normally in a moment of vulnerability and immediately go 'Heh, actually if you read the numbers, statistics show you had good odds of making it.'

It misses the point of the scene and what the character is actually saying and conveying to the other character in the scene.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Smuggling out manga one page at a time to discord for non-NA goons.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

i am begging for the world to go back to when the titles of things weren't just a statement of the premise

I mean, it's what books used to be, we're just returning back to tradition.

Books used to be name like "A long running and most thorough examination of the principles of motion of floating objects through a canal following the crash of a ship: A collection of objects found from said wreckages by the illustrious author."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

RuBisCO posted:

I read this one after liking the author's other work (Living With My Brother's Wife) a lot. I don't have too much to add what you said other than I also liked it and that, of the striking and beautiful art, I absolutely adore this panel:

Also getting a physical release in September!

edit: though lol what are these SHOES

Girl's got the KH fit

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Gojo needs to figure out that he should kiss Marin

Marin needs to figure out she just has to kiss Gojo so he understands.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

This month's Yamada-kun is very good and this poor dad is going to have a heart attack by the end of this arc.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

New Love at Level 999 chapter is out and Yamada still has the juice. He's the king.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 6, 2023

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

New Love with Yamada-Kun (Bato to link because the mangadex page is 7 chapters behind at this point)

https://bato.to/chapter/2635574

Yamada really is God's chosen man. Genuinely sweet boy who's so straightforward it's a weapon sometimes. I love him.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I think giving Gojo a few chapters to work through some things would be neat because so far the guy's killing himself to make this poo poo and the reason for it is something he needs to work through because he's largely been going with the flow and dragged into this.

So Unironically this

Haystack posted:

Oh boy oh boy, I sure hope that the main characters continue not talking to each other and brood a lot, that certainly helps me appreciate cosplay more.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Marin needs to just close the deal and confess to Gojo, she's aware that he's suffering and worried now. So c'mon Marin. Do something.

SexyBlindfold posted:

it's fine though, marin made up her mind yesterday* that she was going to confess to gojo any minute now

*last year

I don't think that'd be good for either of them nor would it deal with any of his actual issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Haystack posted:

March Like a Lion only has a modest amount of romance, but it does feature some excellent bromances to round things out.

The last match between the boys was amazing. Rei's post depression streak where everyone is going "This guys just a silly little puppy. What's he loving planning?" rules.