Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

a kitten posted:

A new Kimi ni Todoke came out just the other day, in it Big Stuff Happens, and we learn that Sawako's text messages are pretty much exactly like you'd expect.

:smith::unsmith::smith::unsmith:

I approve of this Big Stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I looked back a few pages and haven't seen any mention of it, so I'm going to take this chance and plug for Akagami no Shirayukihime, or "The Red-haired Snow White Princess", which got a bunch of updates a week back. Chapters 16-34 can be found here.

The prince of a country hears about a woman in his city with beautiful rare red hair, and decides to make her his concubine. Shirayuki, our protagonist, won't have any of that and tries to flee. In the forest she happens upon a group, and after helping one of them, a boy named Zan, they decide to protect her from the prince and his efforts to bring her in.

I really dig this one. It's a light-hearted fantasy, with great characters, good pacing, and some really sweet romance. Definitely check it out if you've missed out on it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

As long as it's two consenting adults and not incredibly stupid, I don't really give a drat.

Of course, most of the time the lead isn't actually an adult yet so the man always goes "No, I cannot! Not yet! Oh woe! :negative:"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

Latest chapter of Horimiya is pretty :3:

Wow, and it only took 37 chapters. What sorta Shoujo pacing is this?!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

buzmeg posted:

I'm having a difficult time figuring out whether you think that is short or long.

Short, when you consider stuff like Kimi ni Todoke. :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

I apologize if this has already been posted -- I admit I'm not a regular watcher of this thread -- but there's a really neat and heartwarming/cute romance manga out: Between Smooth and Rough. The translation is really excellent and professional, too, I hope the group stays with it!

Third chapter!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I was really confused for a couple of seconds considering what happened last chapter, then I noticed it's just a bonus chapter. Oh well, it's pretty cute and funny, and I can't imagine we'll have a lot of that in what's to come, so it's welcome.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Davincie posted:

The chihayafuru anime owns. watch it!!!
Not emptyquoting, just saying it's one of the best anime like, ever, and if you haven't watched it then you are dumb.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

New House of the Sun, sadly it's an extra chapter. Also a bummer of an extra chapter.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Taiyou-no-Ie/Vol-010-Ch-040-005--An-Oblivious-Girl?id=203594
Oh my god you tease just show us what happens next, all these extra chapters are great but goddammit I need to know what happens! :argh:

Nondevor posted:

I think someone posted this series in the thread before, but Ojojojo is extremely cute. It's short but the romance is surprisingly straightforward and light-hearted. It made me go "aww" more than a few times! :)

Most recent chapter spoilers: such a drama-free confession for once. Usually a shoujo series would end around here, but not this one :3:
This is cute though.

Terper fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 27, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh my gosh you guys, it's another chapter of Ore Monogatari!!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The only reason I hope they don't is that it makes the vibe between her and Pin more likely to just be me reading things weirdly.

It's not.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

toanoradian posted:

The same person who made Kurenai Ouji made this: Kokoro Kimiiro Sakura Iro. The main premise is that a boy had claimed that a girl, who's his childhood friend, is going to become his bride and all the embarassment following from that. While this can easily be super creepy, I think it's not, because it's very obvious that the girl also liked the boy and not currently reciprocating his affections because she didn't process it yet. Or could be that the boy is finally breaking through her defenses.

The art is super cute though!!! It's pretty light-hearted so far and I really hope it won't be super creepy!

I am a bit weirded out that there are romance between the boy's siblings and the girl's siblings, to be honest. Nothing creepy, just...odd.

The setup is obviously that the families are basically exactly the same, but reversed, so everyone gets a partner. It's pretty cute, I think.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Poil posted:

I ended up reading the whole of Heroine Skikkaku, for some reason. The main character is a girl who is convinced, to the point of being delusional, that she's the main character in a love story with her childhood friend who doesn't return her feelings. It sounded interesting but as it went on I came to dislike the main characters more and more. Even the mandatory obnoxious other guy who shows up to sway away the girl turned out to be so much more likable. Think the blond guys from Kimi ni Todoke and Lovely Complex, except he's fairly popular and gets more character development. You know the type. Worst was probably the mandatory other girl who distracts the main guy who after he dumped her, turned into a complete slut and began dating an abusive guy who regularly beat her, all the while claiming how much fun she had living her life to the fullest or whatever.
What the hell? It even had a ton of views on the manga site and a pretty high review score. Would not read again.

But afterwards I read through Girl Friends, again, so now I feel all mushy inside. :3:

I read through it a while back. It wasn't very good, no. Which is a shame, because it was so close to actually being good. If she had just decided to stick with the blond guy who is easily the best character and left the other dude in the dust, then I think the manga would have been fairly unique and worth a read. But shoujo's gotta shoujo, I guess.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

^^ edit, gently caress, beaten but :hf: anyway

jackofarcades posted:

Gonna spoil the title of a series that avoids this: Tonari no Atashi

Thanks, just finished Kaibutsu again and needed something new.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aaaand, finished. Hahaha, it was basically the exact same manga. Except with a better ending. Nothing too memorable, but it was fun enough.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sylphid posted:

Poil, if you're looking for more yuri manga to read

http://bato.to/group/_/l/lililicious-r347

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's paced way too slow for something we only get once every two blue moons.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

a kitten posted:

Have you watched Lovely Complex? Because if you like the Kansai regional accent you will looove LoveCom.

It is also awesome for any number of other reasons.
Whenever I go through this thread to see if I've missed some recommendation, there's always that .gif on the first post of the second page, just sitting there. I don't know how many times I've seen it now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I, however, like Ayane and Chizu, so I'm fine with this. It's not really a good series to read with month to month gaps between chapters, though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alder posted:

10/10 I'd follow it as a josei series and I wanted to finally meet Mitty's super successful mother.

Anyone else this it was weird how Mitty ended up marrying Haru? IDK but I thought the % of HS students marrying who they dated back then is fairly low unless it was a small town? Yeah, yeah, I know it's a manga series

Not really. Sure it's pretty rare, but I can believe it would happen to the two of them. Had they actually gotten together earlier and not let out their grievances and problems then it probably wouldn't have happened, but the two of them matured and grew a lot as persons together during the manga.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I really, really loving love the anime. But no, I'm holding out for a season 3. Which is rare, I usually almost always prefer reading a manga version to watching an anime of it, but I've never even looked at a single page of Chihayafuru.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If there's no announcement of a third season in like, 1-2 years, then I'll probably break down and read it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I thought it was pretty cute the first time, when it was just a one-off joke. But if we're going to make this an active part of the relationship here, then yeah.

Doesn't help that I was incredibly confused by the chapter before it, since I just cannot remember any of these side characters, despite having re-read it a while back for precisely the same reason.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This was pretty great, yeah.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well we're getting the anime next season.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh hey, cool, was not expecting that. I haven't checked it out in a while, letting new chapters build up, but I really do like it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Just read through all the chapters of Yona. It's good! Should I watch the anime??

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Same-sex relationships are now cool(er) in Shibuya, congratulations. :toot:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

chumbler posted:

When is the goddamned Love Master going to return (only to be defeated by his pursuer)?

Series finale.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Actually, it's MY love STORY!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Nineteen-Twenty-One/1?id=66371

It's completed. Also, cats.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hahaha, wow.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I don't want to break up the talks about that chapter, but there's a new Haru x Kiyo.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

coathat posted:

The Uso Lily lady's new manga is getting translated. http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Full-Dozer

Seems nice though.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Kissmanga comments are great, actually.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Please stop recommending good new manga, there's too few chapters and I want more.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I have tiny baby hands, I wish they could be more like my role model, Takeo Gouda.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Davincie posted:

there's plenty of manga where the girl is described as ugly, but they mostly just look kinda average and still end up gaining several love interests

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's Haru x Kiyo
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/haru-x-kiyo-r9727

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aaaaa the two new chapters of Yona, aaaaAAA