Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
I'll start here in the tool thread, but if the gardening thread would be better let me know. I'm at about 15 years on my push mower and need a new one, I'm thinking about a rechargeable electric, also hopefully in some system compatible with a string trimmer/other tools, and maybe a blower and hedge trimmer down the line. I'm on just under a quarter acre and non-powered push mower will be just fine. Any rechargeable mower brands to avoid? Otherwise I'll probably just get whatever decent deal on a Ryobi/whatever from Lowe's or home depot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Squibbles posted:

There's been some discussion in this thread a few times. I believe the Ego ones are pretty well regarded though I don't know much about them. Also Greenworks/Kobalt are nice. I had a greenworks mower before we moved and it was good. It came with 2 batteries and a fast charger that had a fan in it so it could charge up the battery in 15-20 minutes I think, which is actually faster than the mower discharged them, so theoretically you could continue indefinitely just swapping the batteries back and forth between the mower/charger. I'm sure it wouldn't be great for the batteries though and it might slow down charging if they get too hot. I think the Greenworks Chainsaw is pretty well regarded when I was looking up reviews of it, and they have a full range of yard tools (strimmers etc) as well.

Cool, thanks!