Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
*cracks knuckles*

Ok! Time to see whether all those hours in Microsoft Flight Simulator paid off

Narrator: "It did not"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Dominoes posted:

That is in better shape than 100% of my fixed wing attempts thus far. Usually ends in major structural failure and parts flying in all directions.

To be totally fair, the second I did get off the ground, I veered right back into it and busted up the propeller and nose hard enough to require field repairs with reflective tape in my trunk:

Which I then promptly crashed again in exactly the same manner

And them crashed again. And again.

But then I finally crashed upright!

And then I got it flying stably, and had an absolute blast swooping turns!

At least until the battery drained down and the plane couldn't fight against the 20+ mph wind gusts that started carrying it towards the nearest 4 lane road before an emergency nose dive ditch and frantic sprint to recover the remains :stonklol:

I've still got one propeller left, but this is uh, going to require some "reconstructive surgery" and maybe a less windy spot than a big empty park next to the ocean while the remains of Ophelia peter out overhead. Plus someplace without biting ants crawling up my sandals and causing me to crash would be nice.

On a side note, I think I finally understand why the US dropped an atomic bomb on Spain, this flying poo poo is hard. But I'm hooked and can already feel the siren's call of FPV and EDF jets pulling me in towards the rocks :homebrew: