Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012
Hey folks, my wife is about 30 weeks along with our first kid. Previously, she has noticed her belly can get a bit lop-sided when the kid is pushing in a particular direction, but now she is noticing her belly is lopsided all the time. Is this anything to be worried about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Mr. Freebus posted:

i noticed this about halfway through my first pregnancy, right side of my abs stuck out farther especially when flexing. never went away postpartum, didnt affect my workouts or abdominal strength, and i didnt experience diastasis recti. its more obvious now because i am pregnant again but my OB didnt seem concerned. both pregnancies have had baby chilling transverse breech the majority of the time!

Much love and appreciation to you and everyone else who answered my post. My daughter was born 10 weeks premature around 2:45 this morning.

Turns out the listing to the side, the over fullness of her belly, and the breach position were all signs of a unicorn uterus which no one caught. With only one horn/tube developed in her uterus, my wife's body wasn't quite able to take her to term and she started gushing amniotic fluid at random last night.

I am with my wife in a postpartum unit recovering from her C-section in one hospital and our daughter is in a NICU in a different one. I went to see her this afternoon and she is terrifyingly tiny and fragile but seems to be getting along well. Hoping that she will be able to come home in late Feb/early March.

Thoughts and prayers if you have them, goons. Thanks again to everyone.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Mr. Freebus posted:

hope your family is doing well

Hey, thanks. It has been a hard few weeks, but things are looking ip. She's about 3 lbs 12 oz today. Wife is doing alright, though very concerned about both milk supply and making sure she's not getting our daughter sick. I think they're gonna try taking her off CPAP in the next day or so we are excited to get to see more of her little face :unsmith: