Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
when I first finished the series I was wondering if I'd read 21 or not

I read the first few pages, as part of discussing what was closer to finished and what wasn't, it quoted the one passage I wanted to see, then I stopped.

when I do a re-read, which is inevitable, I doubt I'll pick up 21 again. That said, I don't think there's a wrong choice universally on whether to read it or not, it's really up to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I understand Post Captain is a big ask for a lot of people but I guess the solution is go read a bunch of Jane Austen and then you'll find the land parts of PC charming instead of frustrating. Yes, that's right, read thousands of pages combined in multiple books just to be okay with this one book. Clearly, the most efficient strategy :v:

(or, really, I don't think there's any problem with looping back to it later)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Phy posted:

The earliest use of the phrase "I don't give a gently caress" dates to 1790!

ok I'm curious now, where's this from specifically?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I think you cracked the secret as to why people would eat those things!

i've looked up a few recipes from things mentioned in the books and they are routinely incredibly unappetizing, but I could absolutely go for some toasted cheese and coffee, so it's not all bad

about 21, a few posts ago - I read the first few pages to see if one particular scene I wanted to exist did. It did. Then I stopped and don't feel like I missed out on anything. I probably wouldn't mind finishing 21 someday, so what I'm really saying is there's no wrong answer.