Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

DLAO posted:

... That would be why, apparently. I apologize for that and feel even more stupid now. I bet my mailperson ADORES me now. :smiths:

Oh no, I sent you a card recently too! I guess it'll be finding it's way back to me as well. I'll make sure you're included in my next batch of mail. I'm thinking I'll have to send out another couple dozen 'cause there are just so many more people now!

PezMaster posted:

Killamajig is going to colour the poo poo out of that Star Wars picture. And I want to stick all those vegan stickers on my weight lifting belt - 'cause I'm seriously powered by tofu. So much tofu.

I'm glad you guys liked it! I have like three hundred more pages to that Star Wars colouring book... Best dollar store find yet, methinks.

party hat posted:

I'm sorry! I got your card and it was wonderful, I'm just somehow too lazy to post in here but not too lazy to send you a card back!

Woohoo! Thank you. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

I love seeing my cards hung up in people's homes, for some reason. This is so :3:.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

lamb posted:

Who plans on hanging around for Valentine's Day? I'm going to start preparing next week when my office is closed.

I'm never leaving this thread! You can't make me!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

when worlds collide posted:

Have a great holiday everyone! I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for everyone!

Hey wwc! :buddy: I hope you're in for a fantastic Christmas!

I actually really love late cards. I get the mopes when Christmas is all over and the excitement has ended, so it's a lot of fun getting the last few late presents and cards. Stretches it out just that little bit more.

A very merry obscenely happy Christmas to you. Good to see you're still kicking over there. :3:

DLAO posted:

realized that I didn't formulate an intelligent plan for Card sending outage.(Maybe some of you have already been hit up multiple times?-- I've gone through almost 60 stamps.)

I swear I did this last Easter! After spending a few holidays in here, most of the names sounded familiar and I couldn't remember who I'd mailed this time and who I'd mailed last time... Now I keep a list. :smug:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 22, 2012

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

PezMaster posted:

Speaking of Vic, Thermophonic Joy: Did you get my second Christmas Card yet? I sent it a week ago, so I'm starting to think there is a black hole in between the main land and the island. If you didn't get it yet, I am sending you a post card from inside Victoria, goddamnit.

I did get your Christmas card! Thank you very much. I especially liked your husband's colouring page. It really made me laugh.

I have a couple pictures of my latest goonmail that I've been too busy to post yet! I work long shifts on weekends and it leaves me feeling pretty lazy in my spare time. I promise to post them on monday!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Contentless post:

Merry Goonmas, everyone! I hope you're opening presents right this second.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Rythe posted:

Managed to dig through all my Lego to finally have enough pieces to make a dozen or so Valentines presents, going to get those ready to go in the next few weeks.

Lego Valentines sound amazing... :3: I'm curious to see what they'll look like!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Rythe posted:

I am hoping the Valentine Lego go over really well, I hope they are fun, amusing and a bit puzzling. I have 4 set aside for JimmyDaFish, Thermophonic Joy, Kafkas Goldfish and Lamb, if anybody else wants one let me know. I have 8 more not spoken for that I will send out, maybe a bit more if I can find a few more pieces.

That is awesome and I'm super excited for it! Thank you. :3:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

PezMaster posted:

I got some post cards for Christmas, but they would be better for mother's day and not Valentine's. Hmm.

On Mother's Day, we like to send cards to the mom's of goons in this thread. Sounds like you're all set! :buddy:

edit:

Okay, very sorry I'm late with my thank yous, but better late than never, I hope! Here's the haul of goonmas cheer I received this year. (Pretty sure I thanked Fluffy Bunnies and thepitgoddess already, but if not, thank you for the lovely cards!)

First up is PezMaster, who sent me an awesome goonmas card (containing BEES!), and who's husband made me snort eggnog up my nose with his hilarious colouring of a Christmas turkey. I did eat turkey this year, and I DID think of that picture. Thoroughly creepy.

Next is cardboardRobot! Thank you for the card! It made me think of that absurd Arnold Schwarzenegger christmas movie and feel thankful that I don't watch television very much anymore. Also in this picture, a card from Vixenella and Alkaphanel. Thank you for the adorable snowman card. It's one of my favourites, and I made retarded 'awwwww' sounds when I opened it. :3:

Sorry this picture is blurry for some reason. Thank you to Team Lunch and marlowe can you go for more goonmas cheer! I am obviously moronic about cats, so cat themed christmas cards are about as good as it gets. This cat looks like such a creeper, haha. I love it.

Team Lunch, thank you very very much for the card, and the sweet message inside! We have a very Charlie Brown christmas tree that we bought last year after moving to the province. Being completely broke around Christmas was horrible, and we all pooled our money together for this one sad little two foot tall tree with fiber optic lights. It is pitiful. It didn't have a topper or decorations or anything.

So this year, I took your suggestion to heart and put the little origami T-rex you made me on the top of our tree. Thank you, it's awesome, and it will definitely be a regular fixture on Christmases to come.

Another blurry picture! These two are from cuntvalet and whenworldscollide. Pretty sure that big fat penguin needs to be hugged endlessly by me. The cute little snowman one is from wwc, who also sent me a card for my engagement!

It is lovely. I love it! It's just so pretty... I couldn't stop gushing when I saw it, and I'm sure I was super annoying. whenworldscollide, you are awesome. What more needs to be said? Thank you so much. I am keeping this FOREVER GET AWAY IT'S MINE.

Thank you for all the christmas goonlove, guys! I look forward to sending you mushy, creepy goonentines. :buddy:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Dec 29, 2012

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

PezMaster posted:

We just went shopping at Target (God you Americans are so lucky, that place is the bee's knees) and picked up a 120 count of crayons and an incredibly stupid Pony colouring book to defile. Also, a poo poo ton of stickers and valentines day cards. :getin:

Excellent. Oddly enough, I never thought of colouring the pages myself before.

I still have about 300 pages of my Star Wars colouring book left... But I'm not very creative! I don't know!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Working on making Valentine's day cards. Are there any Watchmen fans in the thread? There have to be. Please tell me there's at least a
Rorschach fan...please? Also, any Silent Hill/Pyramid Head fans?

kafkasgoldfish, yesterday I received another card from you! Thank you for the awesome cross stitch. It made me laugh... I was expecting 8bit nintendo characters and instead was mildly insulted. Best mail. :3:

I'd like to throw in a request for the Silent Hill valentines! My fiancé and I have a tradition of playing the games together (because I'm a chicken), so it's kind of our thing.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

kafkasgoldfish posted:

It was an "Anchor Man" quote! Really! I would never say such things to a lady goon!

No, no! I liked your cross stitch! Also, I like that you remembered I like Anchorman. :buddy:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Jimmydafish, I got a cute goonmas card from you this morning! Thank you! Just when I was running low on after-christmas cheer... :buddy:

lamb, I think the mailmachine ate your letter! I received the front and some of the back half of your envelope in a Canada Post bag, apologizing for my mail being damaged. There's nothing in it, but there are pretty stickers on the envelope. :ohdearsass: Thank you for sending me some goonlove, and I'm sorry that stupid Canada Post had to eat it.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Rythe posted:

I am all out of the Lego I need from my personal collection for the Valentines day exchange unfortunately, building that lamp out of Lego kind of cleared my collection out some. I might put in a order for more loose Lego soon to send out more gifts, but I am not sure on that just yet. As of now I have JimmydaFish, Thermophonic Joy, Kafkas Goldfish, Lamb, Disargeria, Paradox Personified, thepitgoddess, Ricky Cat, Team Lunch, Tremors, Killamajig and I before E to send packages out in the near future. Need to find some bitching cards and stickers to go with everything too.

Can't tell you how excited I am for this! Thank you in advance.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Got a few v-tines ready to put in the mailbox. Huzzah.

I don't know all the new folks so I'm sorry if I send you something that ignores certain facts such as gender. I don't know who is boy and who is girl. Please forgive me if I send something girly to a fella, and vice versa. :kimchi: I wish I could send stuff to everyone but I hope that the stuff I am able to send brightens the days of at least a handful of folks.

I got a lovely letter from you in the mail! Thank you! I'm waiting for a spare moment to reply, (and to have something interesting to say!)

I can't seem to find Valentine's that are goony enough this year! Where are you guys finding them all?

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Geektox posted:

I'm going off to the Asian market tomorrow, if I can find them, would anyone like some Chinese New Year red envelopes/treats?

That sounds really awesome! Count me in if there are any left unspoken for! :buddy:

Yay! Glad to hear. You don't have to make a big long reply if you don't have time. It's ok. :) I had fun writing, I haven't physically handwritten a letter for a veeeeery long time! So I had a lot of fun, and to be honest, it was nice to vent a little about how frustrating the past year (and depression! :D ) has been. Thanks again for encouraging me to do so. :)

No way, I want to write back! I love the idea of having a penpal. I think I lead a fairly boring existence nowadays, so I have to think of something entertaining to write other than 'I lost 42 lbs!' :dance: That fills up about one sentence, and then I'm stumped.

PezMaster posted:

I'm sending out these :3: I also got really stupid glittery Avengers ones from a Hallmark that was closing down.

Holy crap, those are impossibly cute. :3:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

thepitgoddess posted:

So did seven people want goofy/goony cat kitchen magnets?

:catstare: Yes please!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I got an awesome Harry Potter postcard from Disargeria in the mail today! Thank you very much! I have secretly been a Harry Potter nerd for years, and you've just given me the idea to read the books all over again.

And yes, we do celebrate New Years in Canada, you dorkasaurus. :buddy:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I finally found some cute Valentines to send out. :3: Working on them right now!

Mine all came with 'Teacher' Valentines as well. Not sure what to do with those...

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Looking back at the last few pages, it seems like a lot of my Goonmas cards never got to anyone. With the price of postage and the goonlove that went into them, that is so annoying!

I'm making my Goonentines a lot lighter this time. Maybe my envelopes weighed too much and they're all making their way back to me, very slowly? :smith:

Since I'm trying to write a letter for each one, they're going to be staggered over the next few days. lamb, whenworldscollide, cardboardRobot, KafkasGoldfish, and cuntvalet's are being sent out today, and then I have a dozen more or so to go out after some serious letter writing tomorrow. How do you guys think of anything to say?! Seriously... I feel like the most boring person on the planet. Sorry if my letters are lame.

Rythe, I am practically frothing at the mouth over this Lego thing. Please tell me something you like, so I can send you some awesomeness in return! :dance:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Opera Bitch!

Checked my mail yesterday and found not one, but TWO cards from you!

Thank you very much! The frog one was especially adorable. (Frogs, which I associate with SA, a part of my username on the card, and also 'exercise', which I now do for the first time in my life! A triple threat card.)

The other one is my first Valentine of the year, and it has a place of honour on the wall above my desk. Thanks, goonpal! Your valentine's incoming! :buddy:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Thermophonic Joy! I got your valentine today. I am so excited, such cool stickers and stuff, and a letter! I haven't read it yet, wanted to make sure you knew that I received the letter and the black hole of Canada Post didn't pull it into it's event horizon, bahaha. But I am really looking forward to settling in in an hour or so and reading it and starting a response. I forgot how much fun it is to have real letters. And your handwriting is lovely. Mostly I like to just send stuff to people without much personal commentary or anything, just a nice way to connect with someone and hopefully brighten their day somewhat. I'm grateful that you're reminding me how enjoyable it is to actually converse with letters. Wow I'm a dork. Anyway, thanks. :)

*edit- read it and what a nice letter, aww. Will send one in return. :)

I think I have messy writing and I never know what to say, so thank you! :3: I look forward to your letter.

Holy crap, I didn't realize it was so fun having penpals.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
A huge thank you to Shoozy for the Valentine and the brownie recipe I received today! I am always looking for ways to cheat on my calorie counting and these look delicious! Thank you. :buddy:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Any non-Brit goons want anything particularly British turning up in their mailbox?

Yes! Yes please! I'm a sucker for pretty much anything British. :buddy:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 2, 2013

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I've gotten quite a bit of goonentine love already, and it's time to say my thank you's! First up is:

Vixenella and Alkaphanel! Thank you for the adorable elephant valentine, colouring page, and the romance conversation card. All very cute, and suitably Valentine-y. :buddy:

JimmydaFish, thank you for the awesome postcard! I think I've already sent a reply out to you for this postcard, so I won't bore you by saying the same things twice.

Shoozy sent me a cute valentine and a brownie recipe I haven't tried yet. I baked some muffins that were absolute abominations yesterday, so I think I might try this recipe instead this weekend to try and redeem myself in the eyes of my family. Yikes.

Pezmaster and Killamajig sent me this awesome valentine and colouring page. I laughed so hard at the colouring job. Very well done... and not a bit suggestive. Thank you.

(I took the Lego apart so I wouldn't give away the puzzle to anyone who hasn't received theirs yet.) Rythe!!, thank you so much for the Lego valentine! Oh man, I had so much fun putting it together! I figured out the puzzle without looking at the hint, but it did take me a while. I had to sort out all the pieces first and when I realized there was only one of the square block, I knew that was the centre. Everything fit together pretty quickly after that.

This really reminded me how much I used to love Lego as a kid. :3: I'm so happy you sent me this! Thank you! Best Valentine's gift in ages, seriously.

Thanks for all the goonlove, everyone! I hope my letters start reaching people soon. :unsmith:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 29, 2017

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

God Bless Johnny posted:

That was from me! Glad you thought it was awesome.

Haha, sorry... I thought it said Jimmy on the back, not Johnny. My bad!

(Oh god, I replied to the postcard to the wrong person too. I'm sorry. I'll mail you something nice. :buddy:)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
In the last while, I have become a huge fan of Deus Ex:HR, and have been trying to find some nerdy valentines in that vein... Unfortunately, they never make valentines of the GOOD video games. I'm mad!

Jealous of all you artistic goons. Maybe I'll try and make my own, but they're gonna be abominations, I'm warning you.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Yay, Valentines! I got two today!

Thank you JimmydaFish, for the awesome Fortune Teller Fish! It told me I am passionate. :smug:
Last year, the fish Lamb sent me for V-day also told me I'm passionate, but when I forwarded it to my brother-in-law, all it told him was that I'm weird. :iiam: He's so not getting this one!

KafkasGoldfish... whoa! That is a wicked cross stitch. All the tiny little stitches are so neat and uniform, and it smells slightly of my favourite tea. I don't know how you do this, but I am in love with your awesomeness. Giggling at Boromir is a favourite pastime of mine, so this is perfect. Thank you. (I hope you got my Valentine! :ohdear:)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

panorama_change posted:

but know that the love inside will still be fresh.

Laughed so hard at this...

Rythe, I'm glad you guys enjoyed the candies! :woop: I'm still pretty smitten with this Lego valentine.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cardboardRobot posted:

I feel awful that I haven't been able to properly thank all of you who sent me cards recently. I also feel really bad that I wasn't able to send any cards for valentines. It looks like I won't be able to send anything for a little while as I was just fired today for being sick. Yay the flu, bronchitis, and lovely bosses.

That's just awful! I hope you feel better soon!

Your ex-boss is a dink.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I've gotten tonnes of Valentines! Thank you to:

Lamb
Your lambchild sounds adorable. I want one!

Agnostic Prophet
I love the painting! It is so awesome. Thank you very much!

Bampf Kerpow!
Pony valentine!? Sweet! Thank you. :buddy:

Team Lunch
Your goon love was top quality, as usual. I'm so glad you liked my tree ornament picture, haha. I really have saved him for next year. :ohdearsass:

whenworldscollide
Loved the kitty card! So darn cute. And than you for the valentines. I love how retro they are. I'm looking forward to writing you a reply!

Thank you for all the Valentine's Day love, guys!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 29, 2017

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Yay, you got it. BUT WAIT- that's not your real valentine. So don't send anything back yet. That was just something I put together quick (then had to tear open again because of that postal 'this is too big, put fifty doller stamp on it' thing which made me have to take stuff out). The real valentine is late because I am sick (it's bronchitis now, yey) so it will be a little later but will be coming soon as I can. :)

Haha, okay! I will await the incoming Valentine! But you'd better write down my address if you don't have it already because...

Lamb!!, sadly, I must request to be removed from the list. I'm going to take a break from sending goonmail for a little while. I'll probably still mail out the odd thing here and there, (And I'm going to keep up with my penpals!) but I don't think it would be fair to keep receiving all the goonlove if I'm not able to reciprocate!

Thank you! Hopefully I can continue mailing again soon. :unsmith:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Lamb!!, sadly, I must request to be removed from the list. I'm going to take a break from sending goonmail for a little while. I'll probably still mail out the odd thing here and there, (And I'm going to keep up with my penpals!) but I don't think it would be fair to keep receiving all the goonlove if I'm not able to reciprocate!

Thank you! Hopefully I can continue mailing again soon. :unsmith:

Reposting this because I think it got missed on the last page. Sorry I'm a pain in the butt, lamb... but I keep receiving goonmail and I feel bad about it!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

lamb posted:

Don't feel bad! You don't have to send mail to get it as long as you post in the thread. If you really want to be removed I will, but I figure you've sent so much mail that you can take a break from sending; you've earned it.

Everyone else, I will update the files in the OP very soon. I've got a bunch of "thank you"s I owe (I want to make sure I take pictures because many of you sent some awesome stuff), and I have some fun St. Patrick's Day Mail going out too.

Oh phew. I'm glad to hear that.

Um, I totally concur. I feel bad that I haven't been able to send your super special valentine yet, Thermo. It WILL be coming, I promise.

Okay, well if you guys are gonna be so awesome about it... :tipshat: I'll stay on the list for now. Thank you!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

JimmydaFish posted:

These are going out in today's mail. I hope they get to their destinations by this weekend....

I see my name! :woop: Thank you! I'm so excited for this!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Shoozy posted:

I have had a tough month. My mom died unexpectedly so I've been dealing with that. Nonetheless, I am eager to get back in the swing of things and am going to send some mail out to the usual suspects over the weekend.

Did you know that May 11 is "Eat want you want" day? I may send some recipes out. May 16 is "National sea monkey day". I will not be sending anyone freeze dried shrimp.

I'm sorry for your loss, Shoozy. I second Niemat's question.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
lamb sent me some Halloween goonmail! Whoa! I'd almost forgotten about this thread. Glad to see it's still going!

I'm a poor student now (yay, finally got into college!) so I can't afford to share the goonlove for a while, but thank you very, very much for thinking of me. Halloween and Christmas are my favourite holidays, so this is an awesome (and perfectly timed) surprise.

Happy goonlove to you all!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Hey guys! Long time no see.

I'm back, and I'm ready to mail some goons.

May I be added to the list again? I have an excess of goonloving to distribute.

*redacted!*

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 29, 2017

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Some belated Christmas thank yous to the lovely goons who festivated my mailbox during the holidays!

Aunt Buck, Lamb, marlowe, Hemlock, Julet Esqu, Team Lunch, 13pandora13, thepitgoddess, Shenanigan's Luck, and JimmydaFish. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone. Your cards were all adorable. :buddy: Even the Krampus one.

Team Lunch, the origami t-rex you made me several years ago is actually still used as a tree topper at my house every christmas. I meant to take a picture of it, but the tree got put away before I had the chance. It is a ridiculous tradition that I'm very proud of. :woop:

fake edit: just looked back through the thread and found the Christmas when I first put it on the tree... 2012?! Dang.

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jan 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Julet esqu - thank you so so much for the postcard! It's very cute, and your dad is very dad-like. I'm impressed that it arrived here, since...

I finally did get married and changed my name and changed my address! May I be removed from the goonlist please, Lamb? I'd like to come back when I have more time for goonmailings, but sadly it will have to wait. Things are hectic in the home-life.

I miss you guys :(