Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Writer Cath posted:

^ Awww, what a sweet face.

Question for all the Dane owners: Is your dog hilariously jealous too?

Seriously, Bella can go around the dog park and demand pets and lean on people like she's never had a friend in the world. But if I pet another dog, then she just has to interject. She's not rude about it and doesn't mean mug or anything, she just physically wriggles her way in between me and the other dog so that I must pet her.

I don't have a big dog (sadly), but the guy running the local pet shop/aquarium has two great danes that basically wander the store (They don't harrass people or anything, they're just big lean goofy dogs doing their own thing quietly). Very friendly and very gentle, though they tend to let you know they want scritches by just walking up and leaning against you with their side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Veruca Salt posted:

Thought you guys might like an update...

He's the pick of the litter. He should be coming home next weekend, I think. They still haven't decided on a litter theme, which is super annoying, so he still doesn't have a name. Also his ears have been cropped now. :)

D'aww, look at those oversized ears and paws. He's going to be a colossal softie one day.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Aww, Remy looks like he's mostly head and paws in some of those shots :3:. He's going to be massive when he grows up by the looks of it.

How's he coping with his medical antennae and cropped ears?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Veruca Salt posted:

Oh my god why did nobody remind me what having a Dane puppy is like, you guys suck :P

It's been two years since I've had one! You guys had a responsibility to remind me!

Where's Fluffy Bunnies? I am disappointed in you most of all. :colbert:

I've never had a big dog, but would I be right in guessing awkward curious puppy, only the size of a full-grown regular-sized dog?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

uptown posted:

Way too much cute in the last few photos posted here. I would like nothing more than to give a big hug to a Dane right now. I'll have to settle for Shantilal, I guess. Life is pretty rough, hah.

Here's a few pics from the last few weeks. He's almost 8 months old now. Time is just flying by.

Kisses! Excuse the outfit, I was about to work out.

Aussie looks so tiny now... But they're as inseparable as ever.

Is he full-grown yet? He looks like he's still an oversized puppy rather than an adult dog.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah, that's really living the good life. Please tell me that you have another named Lana. Or Mallory.

I think you'll find the most appropriate name would be Duchess :colbert:.

mattfl posted:

You guys liked Archer right? :)

This dog lives the life let me tell you!

All the pillows he can rest his slobbery face on, and one just for his butt. What more could a dog ask for?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

rebounded posted:

Is it too early for pet-shaming? I love Q4 costume-time...

I dunno, that dog looks like they're loving it :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Sit. Spay. Good dog!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kitten posted:

And because this is the big dog thread, this is how she looked before the cone.

That is the most depressed-looking dog I've ever seen:. She looks like she needs lots of hugging and petting :ohdear:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Polish Pirate posted:

Finally going to be able to contribute to the thread! After a looooong time waiting we are finally getting a male brown newfoundland. Dog is only 3.5 weeks old (and 7 pounds already) so we can't pick it up until June, but here are some pics of the puppy:

We don't have a name yet, so any help would be appreciated!

I think you've got yourself a baby Wookiee there, so Chewbacca.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Today, Amy fell in the toilet and broke the toilet seat. :)

How does a horse giant dog fall in a toilet?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Polish Pirate posted:

Argh, sorry forgot about this thread. Been attempting to run an Instagram account for my dude (shameless plug: https://www.instagram.com/barnaclesrepublic/)

Current stats:
- 8.5 months old
- 96 pounds
- Got neutered 3 days ago
- No accidents in 2 months
- Loves dogs with bull in their name (pitbulls, bulldogs, etc), loves little kids, loves licking beards

Random pics from the last few months:

Something about your dog's droopy eyelids makes him look like a smaller dog in a newfoundland costume.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ausrotten posted:

pelor's gone. we think it was either a seizure or heart failure. he was fine all day, acting totally normal but then when we went out to feed him dinner he was dead.

i miss him so much

Oh no :ohdear:. How are the goats coping with him being gone?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ausrotten posted:

In other news I picked up my new lgd last night. Meet crom

"What is best in life?"

"To herd goats, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of the nannies".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Psychobabble! posted:

Yo PNW goons, someone please adopt this 2 year old loving gorgeous Dane. He's great with people and other dogs(not sure about cats). He's at animal world rescue, just south of seattle

Oh god, those soulful eyes. It's okay dog, I'm getting on an international flight to Seattle right this instant and coming for you, just please STOP STARING AT ME LIKE THAT! :cripes:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Poldarn posted:

Long time lurker first time poster:

I didn't like dogs and then my gf now wife got us a newf and now I love them.

Please give us pictures of your new baby slobbermonster.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

he'll be 9 weeks old on saturday. he's a newfoundland.

and at the moment he's not named.

Bow-w'w-woth, Howling Eater of Toes :black101:.

He looks like such a Good Boy :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Griffball posted:

In the five minute gaps when he isn't dangling from my wrist by his teeth, I love him too.

Kidding aside, he's settled in nicely, sleeping through the night, 3 weeks of puppy school where he was properly dominated by a GSD puppy during a bitey puppy play with no poor reactions, overall I think he's doing well, and going to grow into those paws.

Now I just have this mental image that he's dangling with his jaw around your wrist while you were typing that post.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tree Dude posted:

Edison and Frankenstein

And why, pray, is your child not named Igor? :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Writer Cath posted:

It's Tracker's birthday. Life remains difficult.

Can you blame him? That song just will not end.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I cut down some overgrown pine trees in my backyard, and now it is her favorite lookout spot.

You should totally leave the stump there and put some little stairs on it or something so she can climb up and sit atop it and look down upon all she surveys :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

H13 posted:

Hello thread.

I have been informed by friends and family that my tiny fluffy puppy is no longer a tiny fluffy puppy, but instead he is a big 'ol dog.

I am seeking confirmation of my tiny fluffy puppy's status of whether or not he is a big 'ol dog, or still indeed a tiny fluffy puppy as I claim he is.

This is a photo when I met him at 3 weeks old

This is a photo when I first bought him home. Clearly a tiny fluffy puppy. He was 8kg (17lb).

This was a photo I took of him a week or two ago. He is now approximately 40kg (88lb), but I think it's very obvious that he is still a tiny fluffy puppy.

Can this thread confirm whether or not he is indeed a tiny fluffy puppy? I would be happy if I could post about my tiny fluffy puppy in the Big 'Ol Dogs thread even if he is indeed a tiny fluffy puppy.

You've posted three identical pics of a puppy, OP. Post more photos, we need a more granular data set of their alleged increase in size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vadun posted:

Adopted this Great Pyrenees/Husky mix yesterday. His name is Gavin, he's 1yr old and he was born on 9/11. I love this goofball

That is a dog who can See the future and knows it holds lots of snacks and petting. Maybe a nap, his powers aren't absolute.