Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Why did I only see this thread now?!?!

This is Hana:

Although now she mostly look like this!

Sometimes like this:

And this:

2.5 years old now and I wish we could freeze time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

A friend took this last weekend:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Helen Highwater posted:

It's from a company called Hurtta. I don't think it's in their range anymore though. It's really well made and goes on quite easily, even when the dog is not cooperating very well.

Huh, they actually have Great Dane sized stuff!. We have one local company here that makes reasonable priced jackets, etc, but their largest size only *just* fits Hana and she's a medium sized female. (130lbs).

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

:(
So sorry

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

From a couple of weeks back..need to get back up and play in the snow again, while it's still there:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

She can't open doors, but she can strike a mean pose:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Not on the East coast (nor do I have a Bernese), but your best bet will be to check out the local dog shows. Just bear in mind that show dogs (and people) can be rather weird.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

"BOW WOW WOW" means he must be some kind of Bernese?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Really?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Hana's (4th) Birthday today, so I figured a picture with a striking pose would be in order:

Now, being a GD, this should also be followed with a more standard Dane pose:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Hana is not getting any bigger, but is still just as goofy

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

So, after 2 or so weeks of continuous sunshine, it started raining this evening...which caused Hana to start crying. (She really doesn't rain).

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

75lbs is really only a medium sized dog :)

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Hangin' with the girls...

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Went on a play date with another friends GD (Charlie, the fawn)...we had another blue female turn up later.
It keeps amazing me just how well Great Danes play with each other, compared to how they play with other breeds. Really makes me consider getting one more :)

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Bah, sorry to hear :(

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

This thread has become way too quiet:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Keegers posted:

I rescued a mastiff 2 months ago.

https://streamable.com/8kvr6

She is a 3 year old puppy mill rescue. The rescuers believe she had 3-4 litters. When we got her she was extremely underfed and very timid and afraid. She has a broken tail and teeth from being abused, I believe she has joint issues as well.

Her name is Spruce Moose! And after just 2 months her and my st Bernard are inseparable, they immediately bonded and have gotten along perfectly. She has also warmed up to my wife and I a lot, so much she comes running up to us to greet and loves to be cuddled.

How anyone could abuse this sweet heart is beyond me and I'm so happy we have been able to add her to our family.

Edit: a little positive to her mouth situation is her tongue is always out :cheeky:

I really do need one more dog...

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

When you cushion falls to the floor and you insist on still using it.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Great Danes can take a fair amount of training. (Ours did!). I'd take a look at adopting a retired Greyhound.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Rough housing with a blanket over her head is one of her favourite games...here she got her favourite frisbee as well. (One of the floppy kong ones..she's had since she was 4 months old.)

ImplicitAssembler fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 13, 2019

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

With big dogs comes big sticks...

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Hana's mom is 10 and going strong, her dad is 8, so at least I have high hopes.
Archer looks awesome!

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Edison is the dog, right?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

mattfl posted:

I see your adorable face and raise you a derp face!

That's a good derp.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Working from home can be tough...

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

That sprawl is approved

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

More is better, right?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Unfortunately, only the one on the left is mine, but walking them together makes me want more.
It's also interesting to see how she interacts completely different with Danes, compared to other breeds.

On a slightly different note, Hana's is recovering from a toe injury and the doc has suggested using a boot for more difficult terrain.
Anyone here got experience boots for Danes?.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

mattfl posted:

This image sums it up pretty well

This is true!

Here's Hana moping while I'm at the coffee shop.

And since Google photos offered it up:

ImplicitAssembler fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 24, 2020

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

He's half way there!. (But a fully good dog!)

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Did someone say ears?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

It's the best dog spot in the world at low tides. You can walk out at least a mile in low (1 foot) deep water, nice soft sand and in the summer, the water and wind will keep the dogs cool. There's a lot of people (and dogs) but more than enough space to be on your own, should you want to.
Luckily Hana never had the inclination to roll in smelly stuff and has mostly stoppped picking up dead fish/crabs.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Watson!.
I cannot imagine handling an unneutered Dane near a dog in heat.

Meanwhile, Hana turned 7!

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I have Trupanion and the rates have doubled over 7 years.
They only cover the basics and the $500 deductible 'per issue' can quickly add up.
Out of 7 years at ~$150/month (~$12000) we've gotten ~$900 back. Sure, if she runs into some major issues, it will add up quickly, but even so, it's hard not to think we've been better off putting the money aside.
On the plus side, I know we'll never have to make *that* decision because of money issue and that is nice to know.

A friend mine had 2 Danes, 1 on Trupanion and 1 on PetPlusUs and said that PetPlusUs was far better to deal with and worked out cheaper.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Amythest has been down since Wednesday. She's eating, she's drinking (with assistance) but she's spent the past 24 hours or so doing that pre-death deep sleep. I've been on the floor with her ever since she went down. I don't think she'll make 13.5, but less than a week away is a hell of an accomplishment for a very big girl with murder in her heart.

KD's been gone a month. Maybe Amythest is going for beating her by a month exactly. I don't know.

Breaks my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

So sorry to hear. :(