Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Big dog owners - I have a problem that I didn't foresee. Since moving to a house with a reasonable garden, there is now enough room for my 45KG husky/akita to get the zoomies. The problem with this is that if the ground is at all wet, when he corners he does so with enough force to tear up chunks of turf and send them flying. The result is that I've now got loads of small mud patches in my lawn.

What the hell can I do?

Get a dog park membership or start bikejoring. Wear the zoomies out of him somewhere not your backyard. Mine go on 2 mile+ walks a day which is fine for the senior dogs but the three year old thinks of it as a warmup for the Husky 500 in the backyard. He literally drifts he goes so fast and yeah, divots galore. You can always walk out and flip the grass back up over the hole and tamp it down with your feet if its torn up in clumps. But hey, at least he's not digging (yet)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU