Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
anyway it just occured to me how funny it would be if Jake from State Farm just inexplicably gained 50 pounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

JAMOOOL posted:

there was a really good interview with Flo I saw recently, she's actually quite funny and I think does a decent amount of voice work. she was on Tim & Eric and Tom Goes to the Mayor I think. she tried out for SNL but got rejected, which is weird because I'm pretty sure they've done sketches with her character in it.

There's a parallel universe where her and Kristen Schaal were regulars on Mad Men, instead of an aborted side group of characters.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

JAMOOOL posted:

there was a really good interview with Flo I saw recently, she's actually quite funny and I think does a decent amount of voice work. she was on Tim & Eric and Tom Goes to the Mayor I think.

She was, she and Tim were dating at the time. She was the singer in the live action Rats Off T'Ya music video.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Henchman of Santa posted:

Gilly is maybe the worst SNL recurring character of all time.

Sorry.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Ya'll seen these Uber Teen ads? They're all so goddamn saccharine, just terrible.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The trend in podcast ads right now seems to be some sort of anti-ads where they are trying to make you both hate the product and turn off the show you're listening to if you don't click the 30 second advance fast enough. One of these ads even says something like "marketers say you shouldn't make annoying noises in podcast ads . . . BUT WE'RE GOING TO DO IT ANYWAY" like what the hell.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I'm open palm slamming that 30-second skip either way, so making it an annoying noise would actually help me determine if the ad is over or not tbh. Shoutout to pods that use background music or different VAs for ads instead of making me actually listen to the content to find out if they're done

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's generally not coming from the people on the show but midroll ads that are being inserted into a lot of shows on various networks.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

There's ads now that are pretending to be social media reviews, complete with "live" react overlays and all that junk.

This monster is never getting slayed, is it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
There's one ad, I don't know what it's for, but it starts out with a phone text vibe that is nearly impossible to distinguish from my own and it is so loving annoying :argh:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The Wrigly's Gum ads with the badly cg'd forehead mouths can gently caress right off.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I forget the name of the black guy spokesman who yells in every commercial, but I dearly wish he'd go away.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I forget the name of the black guy spokesman who yells in every commercial, but I dearly wish he'd go away.

Kevin Hart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

https://youtu.be/AxeDWiM65DE?si=JXBtXiMkIR4H1ftN