Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

How do you keep the mature mealbeetles from escaping and getting into your pantry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The Rat posted:

Scenario one: Tetrazzini knocked up Striker on the day he died, and that went on to fertilize the egg which was laid a few days later.

Scenario two: Ghostcock impregnating our hens. Which is exactly what I'd expect that little douchebag to do if he were to come back from beyond the grave.

Ghooooost roosters ... on the tail!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

What breeds?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Velvet Sparrow posted:

one of my older Belgian d'Uccle bantam hens suddenly one day started CROWING (caused by a shift in hormones in older hens that happens sometimes) and confused the living Hell out of my two roos.

"A whistling girl and a crowing hen, both will come to no good end." Folk-saying quoted in Little Women.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Joburg posted:

Sorry for your loss, BaronVonVaderham.

I finished my de-flocking (and crying all my tears) and have ordered some chicks for the end of March. I’m going with white naked necks from Mcmurray. My thought is to do the 3 clan method (spiral breeding) if I can swing it so I won’t have to reorder chicks every year. We’ll see how it goes.

I'm sorry for your loss. That must have been devastating.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

One dies, another is Chosen.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I love "Side Chick" especially. Why do the eggs have their own slide?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

How clever!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Side Chick and Megatron have been relocated to the bachelor pad after both crowed in front of me and were found to be full of foam.
Full of foam?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

5er posted:

I ordered 4. I am not sure if I am looking at a free hen, or if one of them is a drat cockerel pack-in. According to their fine print I was above the limit by which they have to ship a cockerel.

... what.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Start thinkin' up names, y'all! This year I decided to throw some font names into the hat... :v:

Has somebody already offered Zapf and Dingbats?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Joburg posted:

I made some cockerel decisions today. Out of the three I kept from the Welp/Privett order:

Black Band has been aggressive with me

:lol:
rear end in a top hat cockerels must go, but drat, Black Band is pretty.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Joburg posted:

Our top roo has been stalking me and kicked me twice so his genes will live on in this clutch…
And his memory will live on in the stockpot?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

They are making the most *adorable* little noises.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

TBF, you can tell by that roast that the chickens of then could do with some improvement. Look at that sharp bone ridge!

"They need at least three to four square feet per bird." Sigh.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

No, the fans are in the window.