Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Saoshyant posted:

Good lord, Youtube is now forcing autoplay regardless of previous setting and even removed the option to disable it entirely. This sure is yet another addition to the awful experience at that hellsite and make it even worse for no good reason.

Surely someone has come up with some script/filter trick?

astral posted:

Is the video you're watching by chance part of a playlist? They removed the autoplay toggle for that a long time ago, but regular videos are still fine, at least for me.

If not, gotta love a/b testing.
Yeah are you talking autoplay in the sense you open a Youtube page and the video just start playing, or autoplay like it starts playing a new video as soon as the old one finishes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Knormal posted:

Yeah are you talking autoplay in the sense you open a Youtube page and the video just start playing, or autoplay like it starts playing a new video as soon as the old one finishes?

Yeah, the latter. For the past 36 hours or so, random videos which are no part of any playlist that I can see (and don't show anything queued after) are now queuing and autoplaying non-stop what I imagine to be the first video from the suggestions based on what I had just watched. New band video? Autoplay some bullshit after, sometimes related to the band. New science doc thing I had saved to watch later? Autoplay pseudo-science bullshit after. Product review I had just looked up? Autoplay some bullshit after from another reviewer.

Kheldarn posted:

I use these three add-ons, and between them, I (usually) have no forced autoplay. Sometimes it manages to get through, but it's rare.

Enhancer For YouTube
DF YouTube (Distraction Free)
Tweaks for YouTube

Gonna try this distraction free one and see how it goes, thanks.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 10:47 on May 7, 2024