Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I was just going to ask if something was happening with Youtube. I've had a Youtube video tab open and it keeps crashing. I wasn't sure if it was Linux, Firefox, or Youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm pretty happy with Firefox overall and will probably keep using it just for manifest v2 support alone. But I'm not happy with Mozilla apparently trying to force Bing on us now as a "default" search. If people wanted to use Bing, they'd use it without having to be forced onto it by Microsoft. My browser, my choice, and I do not want to use Microsoft's proprietary bullshit for internet searches.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It used to be that when I opened a thread page with tweets, they would automatically embed, but now I have to individually click on each link. Embeds still work on older versions of Firefox. Is there a setting somewhere I can change to bring embeds back?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It is for my browser (came with my copy of Linux Mint). Would turning off enhanced protection fix it, or is that not advisable? Could also very well be X breaking something too.

e: Yep, that fixed it. I don't think I have to worry about trackers on SA, but who knows what sort of shenanigans Jeff is up to :tinfoil:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 22, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I still have not seen that "no ads" screen.....yet. Maybe I'm on the better end of A/B testing? In any case, yt-dlp has not been working for me for some time. It always tells me that it's unable to "extract uploader id".

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Oh, 2021.04.26. I'll update now; thanks.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I use Awesome wm and have set my default text size to 150% because the 'normal' size is extremely small in Awesome. At night, though, I like to up the text size on certain web pages - SA included - to 190% so that they're easier on the eyes. Is there a way for this process to be automated with a script of some kind in Firefox?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Knormal posted:

Are you looking to have different zoom levels on different sites, or different zoom levels on different sites at different times of day? The first should be sticking by default, if it's not make sure browser.zoom.siteSpecific is true in about :config.

The latter isn't going to be possible with vanilla Firefox, you'd have to look for a plugin.

Thanks. Yeah, that's what I figured. It's not a huge deal but I'll look into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

SgtSteel91 posted:

Is there any add-on or way on Firefox to see Twitter embeds on these forums on the desktop version? it works fine on mobile, but it's annoying to see the link and have to click it, open up twitter, and see it on there rather than just here

I've been having the same problem. Disabling Privacy Badger for SA seemed to do the trick and reenable Twitter embeds for me.