Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idlewild_
Sep 12, 2004

Blue Footed Booby posted:

They so clearly made exactly what they intended to make and it's so overwhelmingly weird that I kinda like it.

Like, I wouldn't build it or buy it, but if my neighbor started converting his place into that, I'd be ok with it once it was finished. I'd spend the construction process peering through my blinds with gradually mounting unease, but mostly for fear my neighbor might be a Lovecraftian protagonist.

I had a cubicle with a view of the Stata Center at MIT being built, and boy was that concerning until we realized an Architect was involved. (Say what you will about the outcome, but the initial construction was wildly entertaining to watch.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idlewild_
Sep 12, 2004

We have touch controls on our induction stove. Something unspecified (but possibly, and horrifyingly, mice eating the wiring) happened and it started to malfunction. I searched for a repair company that knew about newfangled stoves, got a guy who absolutely did not. Twelve hours later he's still in my house crying and on hold with stove tech support. I paid him to please leave and have a pleasant life far away from my stove. Next guys did know what they were doing, mostly. They managed to get the stove top working again. Except that now all the burner controls have an off-by-one error. After several hours of them trying to fix that and on hold with stove tech support I also paid them to leave and now we just live like this.