Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

At last, ManGator has returned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
I hope he doesn't immediately go back to only being comic relief after this fight is over.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
SIU needs to go back and retcon what Yasracha did to the beastkin. He killed half (thousands? tens of thousands?) of them in the most disgusting way possible this cute bedsheet stuff doesnt work for me. I think its the most horrible thing anyone has done in the series by far, even beating White.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 29, 2024

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

No Wave posted:

SIU needs to go back and retcon what Yasracha did to the beastkin. He killed half (thousands? tens of thousands?) of them in the most disgusting way possible this cute bedsheet stuff doesnt work for me. I think its the most horrible thing anyone has done in the series by far, even beating White.

Yup

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Vegeta syndrome. All crimes are instantly forgiven the moment you're on friendly terms with the protagonist.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
Did anyone else have trouble following the last fight? It was all colorful flashes. Am I just getting old? Or what?

Also, I don't remember Dumas losing his arms. I guess I should go back and re-read that.
Poor elephant :(

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Man TOG has its wheels stuck in the mud despite the plot finally getting to a really interesting spot. It was awhile ago and I can't really remember, but the "wedding arc" that seemed to be planned where Baam was going to have to ensure his own freedom seems like SIU basically aborted it, or did I just get lost in the details of what happened somewhere?

Like really SIU none of us give a gently caress about the LPB Family Heads at this point. No one expects them to beat Dumas or cares to watch them get torn apart by chicken feet. We all want to see what's going on with Gustang, Traumerei and Baam and where all of this is headed a lot more than we want to see who's a rook and who's a knight in the "chess match." The games in TOG were nice once upon a time and set the manwha apart but at this point they either need to be more dynamic or take more clearly into consideration that the characters involved are increasingly capable of warping reality as they see fit.

If all of this is a build up to anything less than Traumerei dying or Enne being freed, or ideally both, then I might have to stop reading and come back when the manwha is over. That said, I'm glad the supporting cast are finally getting kinda pulled up to an appropriate level, not sure how that will happen with Khun but at least the Rak foreshadowing has been there for years.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Whitest Russian posted:

Did anyone else have trouble following the last fight? It was all colorful flashes. Am I just getting old? Or what?

Also, I don't remember Dumas losing his arms. I guess I should go back and re-read that.
Poor elephant :(

Honestly I kind of feel like some of it comes down to the vertical webtoon format where it's really hard to gauge fight progression when you are just endlessly scrolling and seeing flashy beams going back and forth. Or at least SIU struggles with it in that format at times.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's definitely seems like a SIU issue with how flashy and detailed he wants to make every panel.

Lots of action manwha (God of High School springs to mind) never had an issue fitting two characters fighting horizontally into the format

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

Tosk posted:

Man TOG has its wheels stuck in the mud despite the plot finally getting to a really interesting spot. It was awhile ago and I can't really remember, but the "wedding arc" that seemed to be planned where Baam was going to have to ensure his own freedom seems like SIU basically aborted it, or did I just get lost in the details of what happened somewhere?

Like really SIU none of us give a gently caress about the LPB Family Heads at this point. No one expects them to beat Dumas or cares to watch them get torn apart by chicken feet. We all want to see what's going on with Gustang, Traumerei and Baam and where all of this is headed a lot more than we want to see who's a rook and who's a knight in the "chess match." The games in TOG were nice once upon a time and set the manwha apart but at this point they either need to be more dynamic or take more clearly into consideration that the characters involved are increasingly capable of warping reality as they see fit.

If all of this is a build up to anything less than Traumerei dying or Enne being freed, or ideally both, then I might have to stop reading and come back when the manwha is over. That said, I'm glad the supporting cast are finally getting kinda pulled up to an appropriate level, not sure how that will happen with Khun but at least the Rak foreshadowing has been there for years.

This still is the wedding arc, right? Traumerei wants to win so that he can force Bam to marry into his furry family and be his furry heir. At least, that's my understanding.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
Oh, Dumas's arms got burned off with poison/acid in 598. I did not pick up on that at all.

Also, dam Rak.

Whitest Russian fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Feb 14, 2024

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Those Team Baam boys sure got themselves into a lick of trouble this go around

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Debating not reading ToG anymore . . . The story was always what drove my interest and lately it’s just not interesting anymore? Idk I’ll hang on for a while but I’m not hanging on by much

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

How have you held on through most of the boring story arcs of the last few years since SiU's hiatus some time ago? We're finally getting somewhere with the plot where the FHs are intervening directly in the story and lore set up near the beginning of the manwha appears to be paying off.

That said, I don't blame you at all. If it required more of a commitment than 5-10 minutes of scrolling on a Sunday afternoon I probably wouldn't read it anymore either. As is I always think to myself that I should forget about it for a few months and try to come back when something might have happened.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I enjoy ToG a lot but yeah I can only binge it so I just go in like 2-3x per year and catch up all at once.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Things seemed to have changed ever since it no one bothers to link the update anymore. Will try to reread at a later date.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's hard to link because I dont know what release schedule this thread is supposed to use. The official translation is like a month behind.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
rip comicscans

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It's not the first time they've done this and a lot of these groups alter their name slightly and keep going

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Ok, this just got interesting..

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

where are you reading 623?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Jose posted:

yes. Was referring to this part.

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013

Jose posted:

Same question.

I saw a place mentioned on Reddit but when I went there, the ToG section was blank.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Oh sorry, I thought the question was "were", not "where".

Just googled ToG latest episodes and got a number of sites. here is the latest.

https://w45.thetowerofgod.com/manga/tower-of-god-chapter-613/
https://towerofgod.info/manga/chapter-613/
https://topmanhua.com/manhua/tower-of-god/chapter-613/
https://manhwatop.com/manga/tower-of-god-series/chapter-613/

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

Thanks for posting these! Is 613 the latest? I thought we were on 623 but I can never remember chapter numbers

edit: had to scroll down until it got back to Baam to confirm that 613 is indeed the latest chapter and I was betrayed by Jose

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 6, 2024

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i found a site that had it up to 622 for some reason so though 623 was the newest. Its 613 though

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Jose posted:

i found a site that had it up to 622 for some reason so though 623 was the newest. Its 613 though

It’s ok it’s not like you pushed me into a pit

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
It was really random for the king to show up but I'm all for it. Also I like Dumas.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I assume that's not actually him, but another "prince" like that one guy we haven't seen in a while.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Next one is up.

https://manhwatop.com/manga/tower-of-god-series/chapter-614//?cache=0

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Not blaming you for the link but uh don't click that if you're on a phone

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Sorry, I'm on PC and with adblocks on.

I assume, too many ads?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Ah yeah...holy poo poo!

Sorry for that! T_T

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah I figured you'd probably done that so just wanted to warn people

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
I'm digging where the story is going now. Things seem way more interesting now.

Baam and friends getting completely bodied by a high ranker
To me it seems like we're going to get some new players in the game. I'm guessing the guy shown is related to Wangnan in some way. Wonder who the other people are. Clones of the family heads or something?

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
:pressf:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That chapter's gonna get the blood warning that ToG gets sometimes on webtoon, that's for sure.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Rip to pen lady, she was cool. Though tbh I don’t think she’s really dead.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

No idea as to how unusable this site is on a mobile but with adblock its fine. Seems like we're about to get a major lore dump. Chapters also seem like they're shorter than in the past which is good for SIU's arm

https://topmanhua.com/manhua/tower-of-god/chapter-616/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
I'm not a fan of the vague teasing.